A Thread for mums like this... Please Join in xxx

ohhhh i get it now, never seen 1 before lol...

:dohh:

xxx

hi :)
im a bottle feeding ( bf to 4 mths)
traditional weaning
jar feeding sometimes
disposable but eco friendly nappies
parent facing
extended rear facing
non co sleeping
cuddles will solve everything
mummy to a super chilled little dude !!! x

I'm a
non routine
formula feeding
Hopefully homemade food weaning (we will see how it goes)
50/50 Traditional weaning and baby led
non wearing
sometimes co-sleeping
disposable nappy mum

Thats exactly me!
Except i do BLW for dinner now

Do you all plan to be the same type of mommy next time around?

(don't mean "type" in a bad way!!)

Well I plan to be just as we are now but if baby #2 needs something different - then we will respond accordingly.

:coffee:

This is a really good thread! Sometimes feel lost in Baby Club, as im a newbie!
But here is nice hehe!! :)

great thread!!!

I am a:
Routine including controlled crying
Formula Feeding
Jar food Feeding (sometimes lol)
Traditional weaning (from a very early age as Ellie was prem and has not very much motor skills to do BLW)
Non-Wearing
Non co-sleeping
Disposable nappy

theres a few more I could add but the list is endless lol

I AM :
I am a:
Routine < DEFINATELY THAT
Formula Feeding < FF FROM DAY 1
Jar food Feeding < JAR FED ALL OF THE TIME AT 1ST BUT GRADUALLY WEANED ONTO 'NORMAL' FOOD BUT I STILL HAVE THE ODD JAR IN THE CUPBOARD FOR IF WERE GOING TO BE OUT AND I DONT HAVE TIME TO ORGANISE SOMETHING
Traditional weaning < YUP I DID ALTHOUGH I DO LET HIM EAT HIMSELF NOW WITH FINGER FOODS AND THINGS HE CAN PICK UP I DID START THE WEANING SPOON FEEDING HIM
Non-Wearing < I PUSH :)
Non co-sleeping < ONLY COSLEEP WHEN LO IS POORLY
Disposable nappy < AND I USE THESE!

Really love this thread! Makes me suddenly feel relaxed about how I do things!

Exactly me except I'm only on the verge of jar feeding (he hates my homemade purees and I want to give them up - this thread helps reassure me I can!) and I am a part time co-sleeper - but not through choice, not keen on it at all but it's the only way we can get him back to sleep in the middle of the night!

OMG....I logged of last night and this thread was only on page 6 haha.... I've had some reading to do this morning lol.

To all those that are questioning about being a 'middly' as someone put it or about not doing it the "traditional" way. This thread was just made to make people who do the things that ALOT of people on these threads do judge us for feel abit more at home somewhere....
I know many times i've felt uncomfortable in a thread because i use 'sposies' or because i dont cook and i just wanted anyone else that felt like they had to stay ssshhhh because of what they do could finally come out haha.

It's not a thread to make others feel bad or unwelcomed its just to make the minority (or so i thought) have a home hehe. xxx

Hi ladies... thought i would make a thread for us mummies that are like me haha.....

I am a:
Routine
Formula Feeding
Jar food Feeding
Traditional weaning
Non-Wearing
Non co-sleeping
Disposable nappy

Mummy lol. Please add anything i've missed hehe.

This is intended as a friendly thready......

xxx

I fit in here!!

I also:

feed rusks occasionally
gave her a nibble of my chocolate
put her in her own room at 3 months - i need my sleep!
let her watch cartoons
forget to change her nappy frequently

lol

OMG....I logged of last night and this thread was only on page 6 haha.... I've had some reading to do this morning lol.

To all those that are questioning about being a 'middly' as someone put it or about not doing it the "traditional" way. This thread was just made to make people who do the things that ALOT of people on these threads do judge us for feel abit more at home somewhere....
I know many times i've felt uncomfortable in a thread because i use 'sposies' or because i dont cook and i just wanted anyone else that felt like they had to stay ssshhhh because of what they do could finally come out haha.

It's not a thread to make others feel bad or unwelcomed its just to make the minority (or so i thought) have a home hehe. xxx

I agree - there are lots of threads about natural parenting etc and I feel judged for formula feeding and jar feeding but I'm a city girl, a convenience girl and not a country bumpkin lol.

Besides I try to use organic jars as much as possible and check the sugar content of everything anyway. Theres no way I'd be able to afford to feed her organic food if I was buying fresh then cooking!xx

Really love this thread! Makes me suddenly feel relaxed about how I do things!

Exactly me except I'm only on the verge of jar feeding (he hates my homemade purees and I want to give them up - this thread helps reassure me I can!) and I am a part time co-sleeper - but not through choice, not keen on it at all but it's the only way we can get him back to sleep in the middle of the night!

hi honey! :waves:!xx

Hi ladies... thought i would make a thread for us mummies that are like me haha.....

I am a:
Routine
Formula Feeding
Jar food Feeding
Traditional weaning
Non-Wearing
Non co-sleeping
Disposable nappy

xxx

I fit in here!!

I also:

feed rusks occasionally
let her watch cartoons
lol

hahahaha yep, same here..:dohh:

ha ha I took her to get weighed a few weeks ago and I dont bother taking her out of her babygrow for it before we go as need to get clothes on and off easily, got there and started to get her undressed her nappy was mega full and the gel bits had started to come out eek! HV was lingering over my shoulder pretty sure she was tutting ha ha xx

[B said:
Nessicle;[/B]11022686]

I am a:
Routine
Formula Feeding
Jar food Feeding
Traditional weaning
Non-Wearing
Non co-sleeping
Disposable nappy

xxx

I fit in here!!

I also:

feed rusks occasionally
let her watch cartoons

lol

Haha i do all 5 of those things, i even bought her chocolate petit filous as a treat. It's the way my Mum brought me up too with treats within reason, TV in moderation, always slept in my own cot. And I'm healthy and happy. I'm not obese from the treats (in fact I like to think I have a rather lovely size 6 - 8 figure thanks mum ;-)), I'm not brain damaged or autistic from watching cartoons and I'm not mentally ill because I was made to sleep in my own cot!

I also forget to change her nappy a lot (oops) and if she gets food/milk/sick down her clothes and we're not going anywhere important i quite often just mop it up with baby wipes and leave the clothes on!

MilitaryMummy - This thread is great, I really thought I was one of the only parent-led people on here but seems there are loads!!! I'm often scared to post threads because a lot of the stuff I do isn't seen as the norm on b+b, I have nothing against natural parenting - my sister is a huge fan of it - but it just doesn't work for us and I don't like to have opinions shoved down my throat all the time, if I want specific advice i'll ask for it!! This is now my new favourite place to come on and ask advice about sleeping, routines etc. without feeling judged. Yay!!!

xxClaire_24xx - Did/do you do controlled crying for naps too?? i'm trying to get macy onto a routine because she's such an overtired little mess and never wants to sleep and is too tired to eat so i thought a routine might help but i'm struggling to get her to sleep at naptime even though i know she's exhausted!

xx

:coffee:

I L.O.V.E. my routine - would be lost without it (including the odd bit of cc!)
Mostly FF - but did BF
TW - but i make my own - i like to cook!!!!!
FF - both buggy and carseat
I occasionally wear LO - but only cause sometimes just because its easier
non co-sleeper - both ended up in their own room quite early on as i couldnt sleep

I did this with my 1st and it worked well so i have done the same with my 2nd:thumbup:

Oh gosh, I'm quite jealous! I'd love to have a routine but I'm too disorganised and shattered to implement it, I'd love to spend a night with the bed to myself (co-sleep in a single bed, often can't sleep due to lack of space) but I've had hourly wakings so it's felt like my only choice at times and I'm too lazy to make purees so just weaning LO on whatever we eat! I've been meaning to sterilise a bottle for about 7 months now but never got round to it so LO never took a bottle so i'm still breastfeeding even though i'd love to have weaned him onto formula! Ha ha, guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum cuz I'm plain lazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->