A word of caution on FRERs!

MarissaG143

Reaction score
I've had what I believe is my third CP although, I'm question whether I was ever pregnant this month at all!

After getting three BFPs on FRER I took a blood test only to find out that my betas were 2! I assumed it meant that I had another CP, but I wanted to see how my FRER would look not that I know my beta levels.

Well, this morning I tested and got another BFP (also I just started bleeding a lot, it's either my period or a loss... but now I don't know!)

I think that the FRER tests are FAR too sensitive and maybe they are producing way too many false positives.

What do you guys think?

To me this line doesn't even look faint.... that looks like a BFP! And now I'm furious!

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 68
I'm so sorry. That definitely looks positive.

All you can do is keep testing and see how they progress. I would say you definitely conceived this cycle, I can't explain the beta result or the bleeding but that test is clearly positive.

Oh my god. That's insane. That line is absolute positive. In all my years of taking frers I have never ever even had so much of an indent line when I wasn't pregnant, and I've taken thousands lol. Really shocked by this. Also when I had left over hcg at 4 from a mmc years ago, the frer showed a grey faint line, nothing pink and obvious like yours! My guess is either you are having a loss or are in fact still pregnant and the lab made an error with your bloods ( same thing happened to a girl on here she just posted also). I'd try another brand and see and keep testing even if u are bleeding because if it's getting darker then u ARE pregnant. I'd also aak for repeat beta bloods if you still get dark lines. I am Adament about the fact that frers are super reliable Good luck Hun that's must be so upsetting :(

I've never had more than a grey indent on a FRER, that is a definite positive result. I'd ask for repeat bloods to see if the levels are rising, or try a different test.

Wow that's really positive! Have you tried a different brand?

I agree with you that it looks very positive (same with the last three that I took all through out this week)

However, I am bleeding today AND when they did my bloods my progesterone was down to 1.9 so it's either a loss or false positive

Well I'm sorry to hear that, I'd call FRER and see if they will send you your money back.

That definitely looks positive! I'm so sorry :hugs:

Did you double check with your physicians office or whoever did the blood draw? Im wondering if you are indeed pregnant and they mixed up the results

^ETA. There is no way a beta of 2 makes that kind of line (or any)

I had a CP this past summer and had 3 FRERs over several days time that looked EXACTLY like yours. First beta was 25. Second beta 48 hours later was 7. P4 was 38 with first beta. My FRERs were taken during the time of my beta draws. Not even squinters. Def BFPs. I thought the same as you that they are too sensitive.
Hoping yours isn't a CP though. So sorry you are going through this.

That for sure looks positive. Even has pink color. I'm so sorry :hugs:

The curved handle ones are TERRIBLE for giving false positive lines. I've discovered that if you buy the Test & Confirm duo box you'll get an FRER digi and an old school straight stick FRER. More expensive if you are buying a bunch of them for progression but better than using those junky curved handle ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->