AAAAAGH I just want a duvet is it too much to ask?

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
We really need a new duvet; our current one is Ikea but our quilt cover sets are not ikea; consequently the fit is all wrong and there is a big section with no duvet in the cover, but it seems with all the xmas chocolates and 'seasonal goods' in the supermarkets they have decided to signifitantly cut down their bedding selection-at least in shops in this area. I went to two local supermarkets today and one did have duvets but they were £25 for a crappy 'value' one, the other shop (Sainsburys) didn't have any though I know they did recently and OH has just been to a fairly large branch of Tesco and they had none either. I know Argos sell them but I don't go to Argos anymore as they wouldn't take back a carpet cleaner that had nothing wrong with it, and we hadn't used it and found it was a different model than we thought, not that there is an argos locally anyway :nope:

its a pain in the ass when u cant buy something so simple!

I have this as well. I got a new duvet cover and I'm sure they put a king size in the packet because it is wayy to big for the duvet. It's so annoying I have to shake it all out so that it goes to the top.

I hate this too. Have you tried looking online. Places like ebay might do it? Although im not sure

I've tried looking online and there are loads on ebay etc but being so close to Christmas just worry it will take a lot longer to get delivered and be a big faff :D. I think I may just get the John Lewis value one from Waitrose; it is £25(!) but is guaranteed for five years according to their site plus it has a polycotton outer as opposed to that cheapo hypoallergenic non-woven rubbish that most duvets have nowadays. Our Ikea duvet is an Ikea king size which is 20cm longer on one side and about 10cm shorter on the other edge than a UK king size duvet so its bunched up on one bit in the duvet cover and empty in another bit I did eventually end up shortening the really long side out of desperation because that costed £25 too and I didn't want to lose out, but it still fits funny lol we've had it nearly 5 years now and its just too annoying. I do find a lot of the tesco duvet cover sets are even bigger than they are meant to be as well so its even worse with them :D xx

I have an ikea duvet and the non ikea cover fits on ours?
Do you have a dunelm where you are?? They have a website... Also debenhams I find good for bedding.

I have an ikea duvet and the non ikea cover fits on ours?
Do you have a dunelm where you are?? They have a website... Also debenhams I find good for bedding.

Thanks all! The measurements are slightly different, about 15cm different on one side and our ikea duvet for some reason is even shorter on the other edge than it should be-it does fit normal quilt covers but not well, I really think as well that Tesco don't bother making their sets to specific measurements sometimes as all our quilt covers from them are quite different; one of the sets there is over a foot of space left over in the quilt cover. Ikea double duvet size is identical to normal shops. Nope no Dunelm in our actual area, nearest one is about 8 miles away, same with Matalan, Matalan is closer but a bit out of the way. We unfortunately live in a bit of a posh area with lots of small local shops and no big retail parks nearby (ok that isn't a bad thing ordinarily). Looked on dunelms site and the cheapest one in the same tog we're looking for is only £5 cheaper than waitrose/John Lewis and all the twee people reviewing on the John Lewis site gave their one a 4.8 out of 5 plus its guaranteed for five years, a guarantee I will be testing out should anything happen to this one. I know tesco do one for £16 but we haven't had great experience with their duvets and pillows just had to bin a couple of the boys' ones recently the covers were so thin and bobbled really easily. I'm just a bit miffed tho as I am on a survey site and I have well over £10 from surveys completed but they haven't added all of it onto my rewards balance yet; if they did I could get the John Lewis one for £15! xx

We have the same problem with our duvet, we have a double duvet and 3 double covers and they all do the same.. SO annoying having to pull the duvet back upto the top every morning lol..

Waiting until after christmas to buy a new one. x

I got it an hour ago it's ok but cover could be in a nicer quality material ah well any probs and I will be getting a new one out of them :D. Yesterday waitrose had at least 4 in each size today there was only 2 doubles there and 1 each of the king size so clearly other ppl have had trouble getting duvets elsewhere as well :D xx

I got ours in sale last year from debinhams, was 180 to 50! It's a kingsize double duvet so has two duvets that go together :) it's lovely and thick and us the thin one in summer :) it's duck feather too x

OH is allergic to feather bedding so we have to stick to hollowfibre and wash it regularly-I grew up with hollowfibre stuff anyway xx

Just don't buy one from Marks and Sparks! We got some vouchers as a wedding present and bought one from there - it's the worst duvet we've ever had and cost us about £50! The filling just bunched up it was horrible!

Thanks for the tip on M&S! I am always getting given M&S vouchers as gifts so probably would have been tempted to buy a duvet from there at one point! xx

No probs hun - it was one of those ones that is made up of natural fibres that degrades in landfill. But I was extremely disappointed with it!

We got ours from Sainsburys, it's lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->