Aaaggghhh Weight Gain

I think it depends on pre pregnancy size too. Obv if your very thin to start with they advise to gain a bit more and opposite if your overweight. Some put loads on straight away and then not gain alot more later on, everyone is different. I have took the scales away as they were scaring me. Its not good keep going on I think its depressing :cry: we are pregnant so gonna gain weight I keep telling myself :hugs:

Your weight gain seems fine to me, pretty similar to a lot of us here. Every woman, and every pregnancy, seems to be different - the nurse at my second-last OB appointment said every woman has 'her time' to gain weight. For some, it's early on, for others it's in second or early third trimester.

I've been up and down all through my pregnancy -- my pre-preg weight was 143 (BMI was 23), but I lost about 10lbs right at the start, then gained it back and by 22 weeks I'd put on an additional 15lbs. Since then I've lost a few pounds, and at 25 weeks my weight seems steady at 156lbs; a gain of 13lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight.

I think as long as you're eating fairly well and feeling good, that's what counts. Whether we like it or not, we're going to put on 20-40lbs (or maybe more), but it's for the best cause possible. I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting, and need constant reassurance from my hubby and best friend that I'm not a hideous whale, but they've actually said as my belly grows, my face & legs look thinner if anything. My hubby says I'm gorgeous, so I'm trying to focus on that and not the numbers!

I weighed in this morning and I've now gained 25lbs :( lol

I've gained 21lbs already but my bump is huge for my amount of weeks. I'm still in my size 12 maternity jeans so I'm not too worried (I'm normally a size 12 pre-pregnancy). I know I can lose it all after the birth and there's no point in making yourself feel ill by not eating. If I eat a meal just half an hour late I start to feel really sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->