Aaarghh Car Trouble!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ronnie1234, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

Had my car serviced today & the head gasket needs replacing! So dissapointed and annoyed, means the money I had saved to help me out when on maternity leave now has to be spent on car repairs!:cry:

2. sarah1980

sarah1980 Well-Known Member

:hugs:

Grrrr bloomin cars lol! I'm trying to sell mine so I can afford to take a bit more time off after baby is here, it's in Autotrader and I have had nothing but scam emails since I put the ad in!!! Is it going to be very expensive to repair?

Sarah.xxx

3. ronnie1234

Could be the best part of a £1,000. Plus the cost of the service etc!

My partner is best friends with the garage owner so he's goin to try & do it as cheap as possible. Just so dissapointing when I been saving hard, for it to all go on the car! I have to keep the car because of going back to work, living out of town.

Good luck with selling yours & hope the scam e-mails stop!

4. CLH_X3

CLH_X3 Love my two babies!

hugs !! x

5. sarah1980

sarah1980 Well-Known Member

Thanks! At least you have a friend that can help you out, fingers crossed he can do it nice and cheap :hugs:

Sarah.xxx

6. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

Would it be better to sell the car and purchase a new one? If your friend is unable to help you I think I would look into purchasing a new car and selling this one!

7. ronnie1234

Even if I sell it, how do I know the car I'm buying won't have problems. At least with this one I've had it since new so know where I am a bit better