Abbie's found out how to open the front door

skiwi

wife, mum, and pregnant
Reaction score
This morning, Abbie was playing in the living room with her legos, i thought i would go and make the beds quickly as she is playing away.. left the stair gate open, so if she wants to come up she could...
i did my bed was going to my sons room, i can feel a cold air, go downstairs, little minx was outside in the front garden, with just her nappy on and nothing else. I thank god the garden gate was close, as people use the road as a cut off, and does get busy...

Was in tears thinking what could of happen, if that gate was open... She has never done it before or even tryed... I can't lock the door from the inside, there is just a handle which you pull down, going to have to get something for it...

Oh no sweetie that must have been so scary

I would get either a slide lock or a chain for it just to be on the safe side

That's bad but listen to this.. My 18month old Hailey, I didn't know could open the front door either theres a handle u pull down but the doors a lil heavy compared to bed room doors that she can open..We have a dead balt that locks the door.
I was in bed at 3am I hear a man going MAM MAM! WAKE UP!. I FLIPPED OUT SO BAD. He had Hailey in his arms saying um I think she got out!..
We live upstairs in an apartment, Luckley she didn't fall down the stairs outside and went some wear else. He told me that he heard loud screaming of a child and banging he opened up his door found her.. I went to lock the door in our living room and noticed her step stool by the door I go great she stood on that unlocked door got out. So, now we have a chain look on door up the top of the door we have to use so she cant reach it to unlock and get out..
My 18month old is to smart for her diapers..
This litterly scared me on what could have happened to her, Or that the man could have kidnapped her. But luckly we have great neighbors and god was watching her..

Scarey :shock:

A little lock or chain high up. :shock:

we did we got a good chain for the door, and put it up high, incase she figgers out how to undo that, little minx

That's good that's what we had to do with our insodent!

oh gosh its scary what they are capable of!

this is off topic Skiwi but just saw that you said you left the stair gate open so she could come upstairs if she wated? a question to other mum's of little ones this age do you do this too ? I did as Ella is fine with the stairs and usually have the gate open, but friday she fell down the stairs :-(almost from the top tumbled head first I was at the top and saw it! frightened me to death but she was fine very lucky.

I felt so guilty for letting her go down the stairs by herself resulting in the fall, but at that age do you let them go up and down by themseves ?

Ella could of really hurt herself thank god she was o.k, abbie like ella fine on the stairs, just takes one foot out of place, rather be safe than sorry.....just going to do what i use to do stay behind her or in front, but let her still climb on her own just me being there in case, thanks for the warning,

Ella could of really hurt herself thank god she was o.k, abbie like ella fine on the stairs, just takes one foot out of place, rather be safe than sorry.....just going to do what i use to do stay behind her or in front, but let her still climb on her own just me being there in case, thanks for the warning,

I think sometimes we forget about the 'what ifs' and unfortunatly it happened the other day, but I guess its the same for us, only takes wrong footing to fall. I think it might have been because she had her slippers on and she doesnt usually, extremely paranoid now and like you are following her up the stairs and infront of her as she comes down xxx

aawww hunni shes explorling what she can and cant do just make sure the door is lock when ur in teh hous eand it will not happen again

Aww bless, glad to hear she is ok though.. must have been scary for you. Yea, you said you left the gate open? I wouldn't have thought to do that for a baby so young (im not saying you're wrong doing it, just thought they couldn't go upstairs alone properly for a while).

This is not related at all, sorry.. but it got me thinking, do you know what age roughly they can go in their own bed? as I read on one site that a bed was suitable from 1+ years??? and I thought they had to be at least over 2.

its up to you, when you feel comfortable, abbie is still in her cot, she will be 2 in jan

Aww bless, glad to hear she is ok though.. must have been scary for you. Yea, you said you left the gate open? I wouldn't have thought to do that for a baby so young (im not saying you're wrong doing it, just thought they couldn't go upstairs alone properly for a while).

This is not related at all, sorry.. but it got me thinking, do you know what age roughly they can go in their own bed? as I read on one site that a bed was suitable from 1+ years??? and I thought they had to be at least over 2.

think it depends on the child TBH as Ella has been walking since she was 10 months old shes very confident with her walking climbing ect she is really well co-ordinated and is fine going up and down stairs.

as for the bed, Ella was 18 months old, and she was fine then I think it does depend on the child I think they need to be confident walkers and good at climbing in and out of the bed to start with. Im sure there is a thread about this somewhere ???? Im hopeless at finding them though!

Apparently I did that as a kid,they found me in the middle of the street crawling happily away,thank goodness she's ok,my son has tried it but I was able to catch him in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->