Abdomen measuring large? Do they induce?

jw1555

Reaction score
LO's abdomen is measuring very large. I have the consultant tomorrow but i wondered if they induce for this as someone mentioned it to me today and I didn't think that this would be reason alone for an induction?

You may be offered a growth scan to check but as far as I'm aware they don't induce just on measurements alone xx

Thanks I had a growth scan Monday and they have referred me to a consultant today so we shall see! X

I was induced with ds#2 partly cause baby was big all around but I also had a history of big babies that were born early. Ds#1 37 weeks 8lbs, ds#2 38 weeks 9lbs. DD (this pregnancy) tentative induction scheduled for 39 weeks and doc only letting me go to 39 weeks cause I want to try to go naturally (as possible)
I wouldn't think they induce unless there was a major concern, I assume that's what the consultant will determine but they don't usually go by scans alone as they could be measuring wrong for many reasons. Best of luck

Thank you. I just got back from the consultant and she said that as far as she was concerned she wasn't worried about babies size as it was only just large. She said I shouldn't need to be induced unless my second GTT tsar comes back positive but she doesn't think it's likely to. Phew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->