? about OV tests

FitzBaby

Me, Hubby,& Toddler
Reaction score
I've never taken them before. I am cd10 and had some light spotting. DH and I are on a mission this week for a BFP at the end of my cycle. I took the test just now (again, I am cd 10 of a 27 day cycle) and the line was VERY faint but there nonetheless. Does this mean I am going to ovulate soon? I plan on testing again anyway on cd 13 but would love advice as I am SO clueless!

Nope, i thought this the first time too..
The ov tests work a lot differently than hpts as we all have some level of the hormone its looking for so you're guaranteed a faint at mosta the times during the cycle.. You've got to wait until the 2nd line is as dark or darker than the control line.
Hope this helps x

Starting at CD10 you should use an OPK every day. The egg only lasts for 12-24 hours so you could miss it if you don't test at least once daily. It is positive when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. Good luck!

Thank you so much ladies! So I will test every day now until cd15 (at least). When the line IS dark, does that mean I am ovulating or WILL ovulate soon. The directions on the test are very vague.

From what I've read, it says that you will ov soon (within 12-36 hours). However it isn't guaranteed. Your body could try to release the egg, but for whatever reason may not succeed in doing so. In this case, if the circumstances are right your body will have a second surge and try again. Used alongside charting temps (which suggest when you have ov'd) you can get a good answer of when you are about to, and when you have done so.

Another thing I read about online is that your body could release eggs very quickly. You could have a faint reading in the morning, test again in the afternoon and get a strong reading, then test again in the morning and not get a strong reading - so you could still miss your window. I found this site helpful: https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

Thanks again ladies. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this ... so new at the NTNP/TTC thing and it's driving me crazy. Tested again today, line is darker than yesterday but not nearly as dark as the control line. I have DH ready to go tonight and tomorrow and the next night. If it's getting darker (the line) does that mean I will soon? Or should I just shut up and wait until it is darker than the control?

Wait until the test line is as dark or darker than the control line then you know you are about to ovulate... :flow:

You can technically get pg from BD'ing up to 5 days before ovulation and one day after, so it won't hurt to start BD'ing now.

and if on CD15 you still havent had a dark or darker line then continue using the OPKs... xxx

Getting super frustrated as I have yet to have a "darker" line and now they are just almost non-existent

Hello, I just wanted to say I've found this thread extremely helpful, as I'm on cD 18 and have been using Ov test's since CD8 but only have a dark control line, no test line at all yet!, but i'm on a 45 day cycle so prob won'y ov til day 30 - 35 ish, but at least i know what i'm looking for now Lol, So thank you and baby dust to you all :dust: Goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->