• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

.....about to meet boss. So so scared and nervous x

Rainbow7

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have asked to see my boss this afternoon. I'm sure he'll know what about.....possibility of part time work.

I'm not due back until Feb 13 but that will be full time as a teacher and working every day and then til midnight every night just isn't fair on my LO. I've asked before about part time and the response wasn't good.....but feel I need to be honest about how serious I feel, as even though so far away, feel sick about it all.

Some friends / family are just telling me to hand my notice in but is that not a bit drastic, esp in the current times???

So sacred and don't know how to start the conversation....

Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Thank you for listening xxx

Not sure what to suggest, they need to have a good explanation as to why they couldnt. However - good luck!

good luck... what do you teach...? oh is a full time teacher but rarely does any extra work out of school hours...! alot of schools where i am seem to be very flexible with teachers returning from mat leave. dd primary school currently has 3 teachers who have returned on a partime basis. it has meant that some of the classes have 2 teachers but the kids don't mind...! i hope you get what you want...

I would just stand your ground and do some research as to to what your rights are. That way they are less likely to try and take you for a ride.

I'm a public sector worker and had a couple of hiccups trying to get my part time hours sorted. First I mentioned it informally and my manager said he already knows he would reject it so I wrote to HR stating I didn't think my application would be treated on it's merits blah blah blah, so then they offered me job share, but no one internal applied for the hours. Then because of mass redundancies they were taking ages to get permission to advertise the hours externally, so after 13 weeks after my original meeting I indicated I was getting professional advice and lo and behold, 10 minutes later they call me up offering me exactly what I asked for!!

If I had of just took what they said on face value I would have quit and would have been out of a job. So what I'm saying is, don't let them walk over you if they try and refuse first time. Make sure you know the legal procedure and make sure they know you know.

Good luck!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->