About to take my cat to the vet. Updated - sad result

kit10grl

Reaction score
:cry: :nope:

she jumped off a chair today, staggered and fell over. Eevry time she has tried to walk any where she has taken a few steps then laid down. When she sits she is leaning at a funny angle. Phoned the vet and they said to bring her in for an evening apointment. I'm so scared its going to be something serious. :cry:

She is pretty old for a cat (12 and a half) and i have been thinking for a while about what might happen now she is getting older. So worried, wish us something easy to fix like an ear infection.

UPDATE. After calling the vet this morning she was improving a bit, but the vet wanted to keep her through the day to keep an eye on her. We went up at the end of evening appointments to visit her and discuss her progress. Well she deteriorated quite drastically. Was unable to stand or move, couldnt get to food or the toilet. The vet thinks it was a stroke after all. So we decided to put her to sleep. It kills me as she was happy to see us and purring and trying ro get up for us when we went in, so she was fully aware just not able. She purred right up till they sedated her and put her to sleep, i just cuddled her till she was gone :cry::cry:

Hope kitty is ok, what did the vet say? xx

They took her blood pressure, and did blood tests. She seems to have very low potassium levels in her blood which can make them weak. The vet said this explains her symptoms but if we had left it she could have got so weak her heart stopped.

They are giving her a potassium drip overngiht and then will investigate the cause once she is better.

So stressful waiting for the test results as the vet had mentioned it might be a stroke before she did the test.

But it seems she should be fine in the morning. Hooray

Just need to worry about paying the bill now its up to £140 already. Oh well the council tax bill will have to wait till next pay day

I really hope she gets better soon. :flower:

Oh hunni I'm so sorry :cry: At least she isn't in pain now. Sending you massive :hugs: :hugs:

So sorry to hear this :hugs:

Pets are family that you choose to have, I had this exact same experience with my old cat, she was about 15 and the first we knew something was wrong with her was when she fell down the stairs, we took her to the vets and they told us right away it was a stroke, we had the option of seeing if she'd make it through the night but chose to let her go there and then as she was in such a state.
She died in my arms being cuddled and I cried for days.

Sending hugs your way :hugs:

I'm so so sorry :hugs:

It's heartbreaking losing a pet, they really are part of the family. Thinking of you. :flower:

I'm so sorry sweet. Its so horrible losing a pet. I lost a cat in April and I still think about him all the time :,( Sending big *hugs*. You did what you had to do. I know its the worst decision I've ever had to make xxx

Oh honey I am so, so sorry. Sending massive hugs your way xx

:hugs::hugs: so sorry. I had to have my cat put to sleep in january this year, he had heart failure and it was so sad seeing him like that. Poor old man, he was nearly 15 and I had him since he was a kitten. x

so sorry hun, I couldnt think of losing my 2. Big hugs xx

:hugs: So sorry for losing your loss. Pets are more than just animals, they're family members!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->