Absolutely gutted :(

P

PixieKitty

I know this isn't the end of the world but this has really upset me and I need a little rant...

OH was supposed to be coming with me to my second scan, he's not the baby's biological dad so it really meant a lot that he was coming too... he's just as excited as I am about it! But he's got a pain in the ass job as a trackman (railway engineer type person) basically working on the tracks as trains go zooming past, dangerous job but it pays well and he's used to dodging them now. Well for the past few weeks, he's working either fridays or saturdays, the odd sunday. This week we've found out he's not only working tonight (3pm-3am) he's working monday (8pm-6am) and tuesday (8pm-6am). He's told me he wants to come with me anyway, and wont take no for an answer now. He can't come off a 10 hour shift doing heavy labor to stay up all day to see a scan and then go back on for 10 hours... it's too risky and I'm not having my lovely severed in half (most common track injury next to hurting your hand).

I'm so gutted right now, it was going to be so nice, him, my mum and dad, all seeing little one on the box, but now thanks to that fucking company (i'd name it but it may get him in trouble if I'm blaspheming the company he's on) he's either gonna be shattered for it, AND for work, or have to miss it and spend the night pre-occupied anyway. GRRRRRR!

You'd think they'd have a pregnant partner scan policy...

Did he ask for it off? Can he switch with someone?
Thats really crappy, honey, I'd be upset too.

Aww babe:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

My hubby couldn't come to my 20wk scan either so my friend offered to come with me. It was nice but not the same as your hubby/OH:cry:

Just make sure as well that they can all come with you. My hospital has a very strict policy that only 1 person is allowed to accompany you in the scan room. In fact, when I had my scan a woman had the biggest hissy fit in the waiting room coz she wasn't allowed to go in with her sister coz her Mum was already going in with her:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:. Boy....she made a right show of herself:dohh:

Just thought I'd warn you to check 1st

Good luck, hope all goes well for you babe:hug:

He would've asked for it off but we thought we were in the clear with the past month him only working weekends and my scan being a tuesday... I must've done something to upset Karma or something :p maybe it was making the nice lady count out £2 of pick and mix?

& I know they're cool with more than one person :) mum and dad both came with me for the first one, and they didn't say anything then so hopefully shouldn't be a problem!

Am now thinking about seeing if they can get the scan on video, that was he can still see little one bouncing around in there :) if they don't I'm just gonna get a sly video on my phone.

Thats crap. I dont know what to surgest but no point on having him fallig asleep at job where it could cause injury , be nice if he could switch or maybe pull a sicky :)

Hahaha if only :cloud9:
Guess we'll just have to pay the £50 and get it on video, not as cool but least we can watch it at home all cuddled up :) bless him, he's been so good to me, and he was looking forward to this more than me I think!
But I guess extra shifts means extra money, £100+ a shift and that's 3 this week, so least we can put some money in the 'bump box'!

Hey. You said for £50 you can get it on video... why dont you pay to go private? you could get a scan for around that price and means you get to see baby again AND you OH gets to feel the experience of being there too? Just an idea. Hope your scan goes well =] xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->