Accidental AP

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to say that I hadn't really heard much about "attachment parenting" until I wandered into this section just a few minutes ago. Wow! I would have been very skeptical if I read about it before I got pg. But interestingly enough -- it turns out that I ended up doing it! :shock:

I find this interesting because I just simply followed the lead of my baby -- went with what he demanded and seemed to need. I was totally ANTI co-sleeping and especially bed-sharing before I had my LO. But from the minute he was born, he DEMANDED co-sleeping and bed-sharing. I am still a bit nervous about the bed-sharing as there are studies that say it increases the risk of SIDS. But we do bed-share half the night (in a careful manner) and I bought a co-sleeper that I put him in the rest of the night. If he wants held for naps, I always hold him.

I always wanted to baby wear as I just thought it made sense. My LO loves it and much perfers that to being put in a pram. Besides walking with him attached to me gets me better exercise! :mrgreen:

BFing always made sense, too. I hope to BF as long as possible and then do BLWing when he is ready. And he loves the bb!!!

I mention all this as I always seem to feel a little guilty when I talk about how I don't want to move him out of my room until he is much older. I want to move him only when he seems ready for it. Most parents think I am a nutter! But it just FEELS right to keep him near all the time. He's a happier, more alert baby when he is interacting with the people around him.

Unforntunately, I had to go back to work when he was 13 weeks old. :( But his dad stayed home with him for another week. And now we have moved his grandma in with us to care for him full time for the next few months.

Anyway! I just thought it interesting that by following my baby's lead I ended up following this "attachment parenting" guide. Seems to me to be evidence it is a NATURAL way to go. :mrgreen:

I'm glad there is a spot here where I can feel like what I am doing is good instead of strange!!!

Welcome :)

That's really what AP is in alot of ways, just following your instincts, doing what is natural

Hihi, seems like im much like you!

I have my doubts about co sleeping at the moment, yes we will have a bed in the room but id like for him to be a bit independent as well

Funny thing is, i do really want to baby wear and have him with me during the day.. Who knows maybe ill be converted once he is born too ;) hearing you...

:hugs:

Lun! :wave:

Try the arm's reach. It has been an absolute life saver for me!!!!!

https://www.armsreach.com/pages/about-us-pv-c10-1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->