• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Achieved your first pregnancy with our without fertility treatment? Share your Story

Ok, I'm not currently pregnant, but I'm responding to your thread anyway! I hope to be in this section soon!

My first child was fertility treatments, and I was only 25! 19 months and 4 IUIs. I have had 2 other children without help since that time (hoping to make it 3 more children without help!).

LOVE hearing all the journeys ladies! So happy for those of us who've lost a child and have gone on to have little ones.

Ready, sounds lovely that you had two others after the hard process of fertility treatments. I pray you get that third. If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you had the two others and now trying now? That will help those like me. Though I'm 37 now, your story brings me hope that maybe we may have a few more without drugs after Amelia.

How far apart are your kids??

LOVE hearing all the journeys ladies! So happy for those of us who've lost a child and have gone on to have little ones.

Ready, sounds lovely that you had two others after the hard process of fertility treatments. I pray you get that third. If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you had the two others and now trying now? That will help those like me. Though I'm 37 now, your story brings me hope that maybe we may have a few more without drugs after Amelia.

How far apart are your kids??

Well, my first I was 24-25. 19 months and 4 IUIs.
My second, I was 27. 1 event ntnp!! (I felt this somehow 'cured' my infertility)
My third, I was 31. 7 months ttc

Now, I'm 34, but if I get pregnant again, I'd be delivering 35 or later. Now onto cycle #11 (which I can tell is moving to #12). Feeling broken again! Dang it. Those last 2 made me really confident. I'm quickly becoming fed up with my body again.

My kids are now 8, 6, and 2. I just had a baby 2.5 years ago, and I was breastfeeding until 1 year ago. I really thought my body was primed for another pregnancy quickly:shrug: We'll see. I'm not going to do fertility treatments again, but I don't want to ttc forever either. It's too disappointing.

yeah, it's a "process" as I say. :wacko: I was told it'd NEVER happen for me. Dr.'s were wrong. 8 years later we were surprised! That pregnancy led to preterm loss and since I was 35 then, I KNEW we'd have to do fertility because there was no way I had another 8 years left to wait.

Luckily 3 rounds of injectables did it for us. :happydance: I am bed rest because of incompetent cervix and preterm labor, but at least we know what it is now. I'd like to have one or two more if God wills. We'll see how it all goes, I'm just grateful for our little Amelia and waiting patiently for her arrival in October. :winkwink:

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure your story will bring encouragement to others. :thumbup:

yeah, it's a "process" as I say. :wacko:

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure your story will bring encouragement to others. :thumbup:

You're absolutely right. It IS a process.

Well, I hope you find my story encouraging. Here's the really crazy part. My first child was breasfeeding. My first AF, he was 12 months. I had only had 3 cycles since his birth. At the time, I wasn't ready for another baby (being 25, I wasn't feeling rushed). We were always using some form of birth control. We literally just 'got caught up in the moment' and never got around to using the birth control. . . ONCE. Honestly, I couldn't figure out why my period was late and why my nipples suddenly started hurting again with nursing. I thought my thyroid was off. I told my ob/gyn and she just mentioned that I should take a hpt and call her if it was negative because she would give me something to induce AF.
I was totally shocked when it came back +.

As my grandmother (mother to 7) had said, "Once the first baby pops the cork out. . . it's hard to get it back in!"
I hope that's true for you:thumbup:

Good luck with your bedrest!

yeah, it's a "process" as I say. :wacko:

You're absolutely right. It IS a process.

Well, I hope you find my story encouraging. Here's the really crazy part. My first child was breasfeeding. My first AF, he was 12 months. I had only had 3 cycles since his birth. At the time, I wasn't ready for another baby (being 25, I wasn't feeling rushed). We were always using some form of birth control. We literally just 'got caught up in the moment' and never got around to using the birth control. . . ONCE. Honestly, I couldn't figure out why my period was late and why my nipples suddenly started hurting again with nursing. I thought my thyroid was off. I told my ob/gyn and she just mentioned that I should take a hpt and call her if it was negative because she would give me something to induce AF.
I was totally shocked when it came back +.

As my grandmother (mother to 7) had said, "Once the first baby pops the cork out. . . it's hard to get it back in!"
I hope that's true for you:thumbup:

Good luck with your bedrest!

Thanks.:hugs::flower: I hope at 37 I'm just a late bloomer:haha::happydance: I'd love to have a quiver full. Though I'm content with whatever the good Lord gives us!:winkwink:

Your stories are wonderful ladies, and I'm really pleased to read them. I'll be 33 this year and my LO is 18 months old. I got my BFP in Feb 09 after coming off bc in Nov 08. It was all very easy, but due to our circumstances, if we want to have another it probably won't be until I'm about 36/37 (OH is in the forces and we live apart during the week, I don't want to be bringing up baby and toddler on my own, so we'll wait until we're all back together again permanently). I have worried that I might miss my chance for another if we wait, but reading this I'm reassured. Good luck woth your pregnancies, can't wait to hear of your LO's safe arrivals! xxx

I have PCOS and when it was diagnosed when I was 19 I am now 37 they told me I would never get pregnant without fertility treatment, however they were wrong. I have been pregnant 4 times and I have 2 children all achieved naturally.

Hi

i'm 35 my OH is 48, we decided to try for a baby, and I took my last pill christmas 2010, had been on it for 10 years so wasn't expecting to get pregnant for a while. Found out I was pregnant in Feb , and that it was twins at my 12 week scan.

Nic xx

I fell pregnant the first time after 4 months trying. I miscarried after a bad car accident and from then on couldn't seem to get pregnant again. I was put on a 6 month run of clomid and that didn't work. I was going to have to have one of those laperoscopy or something like that and something that started with an H. I freaked out about that as they do it through the belly button and I hate anything coming near my belly. That must have been all I needed as while I was waiting for the procedure, 2 months after I came off the clomid I concieved natually and I am due to have a very healthy little girl in August. We couldn't be more excited about her arrival.

WTG ladies. Each of you have such a miraculous journey! I love it when medical staff is proven wrong! Miracles can and DO happen! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->