Aching Stomachs?

Starry Night

4 angels, 2 rainbows
Reaction score
This pregnancy is definitely acting differently than any of my others. For one, sickness has hit much earlier. And even the sickness feels differently. For me, m/s usually feels more like motion sickness. I feel woozy and light-headed and I almost feel the sickness tingling to my finger tips.

But this time I feel more like the stomach bug or something isn't digesting properly. It's more gaggy though I haven't vomited yet (and hope I wont) My stomach just aches like it's being punched or about to be blown up. Sometimes passing wind helps but often it doesn't. Sometimes I think my sore stomach is what is making me feel so nauseous.

The pain is in my actual stomach so I'm not really fearing m/c pains just yet. It also feels like it is ballooning out. I've thought of everything from trapped wind, constipation to my IBS and to severe stretching pains. With my history of m/c I have to say the pain is a little scary and it is very energy draining. I don't know how I'm going to put up with this in the weeks to come.

Anyone else having really aching stomachs?

yes! the last couple of days, I was gassy last night, and it was aching, I wasn't too worried either as it was at the top of the belly, I think you nailed it though - I'd say it's a combo of gas/constipation and the stretching of the belly. When you think about it - all our internal organs are getting shifted up too, so it's got to get uncomfortable from time to time!

I was like this a couple of weeks ago - turned out to be awful constipation! Try drinking fibre-gel sachets, they helped regulate me. Touch wood, i've been feeling a lot better this week and last week.

I do find that gently rubbing my belly in circles gets things going. A small cup of decaff coffee does the trick too. I am starting to notice a tiny bit of growth so it could be some stretching. I'm not really worried other than I am not sure I have the energy to cope with the pain for a long period of time.

It is alarming! When I sneezed this morning, I thought I ripped my stomach open!

I am secretly loving every moment of it though. :)

A little bit of an update: my aching stomach has subsided for the most part. Now I am full-blown down with m/s. Blech. I wish I could say I was 'loving it' but I'm not.

I feel really good today. I'm still really early for full blown m/s. I've had some nausea, mainly food aversions. I've developed disgust for mayo.
I know m/s hits harder around 6 weeks.. I'll have to see what happens!!

Hopefully you won't get it too bad. With my son I got it really bad for about 2 weeks and then it subsided so I'm hoping for the same this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->