Acid - yuck!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bungle, Dec 21, 2009.

1. bungle

bungle Mummy of 2 girls

This may sound a little odd as I've heard nobody else complaining of this but I feel like I've swallowed a lemon. All day long I have this horrible feeling in my tummy like I've eaten something it doesn't care for. I get heartburn on and off throughout the day and whenever I'm sick (3 times a day on average) it's always pretty much pure stomach acid. And I just feel so burpy - like I could put a pin in my tummy and go 'pop'!!!

Am I suffering alone or are the rest of u simply suffering in silence?!

I lie in bed in the morning dreading getting up cos as soon as I'm vertical I'm running to be sick. My MW suggested nibbling something before I get up but it didn't seem to make any difference. Can't face the idea of anything Ginger - yuck! Lol

poor peanut must be getting seasick what with all the commotion in my abdomen at the mo!! ;-)

2. his_belle

his_belle Stick,little bebe,stick!

Hi!

I have been experiencing very severe morning sickness -- was unable to keep food or liquids down for going on 5 days. Yesterday I was placed on diclectin.

I was constantly throwing up (upwards of 20 times a day, which meant a lot of it was just stomach acid).
    I haven't thrown up since this morning, but I am still experiencing the acidic feeling and VERY burpy!
    Try chewing on gum (no artificial sweeteners). I have found this somewhat eases the illness.

3. mscreant

mscreant New Member

I've been geting acid real bad, MS not too bad couple of times a day, but the doc gave me Gaviscon it helps a lot once I can swallow it lol.

Doc is really worried though as not many anti sickness pills I can take and I take anti epileptic drugs, which I am throwing up which brings about issues itself!

4. tinadecember

tinadecember Mummy to Evie and TTC

i havent actually been sick but im with you on the feeling of acid in my throat and stomach all of the time.. didnt sleep too well last night as i had heartburn for most of the night and i refuse to drink milk yuck! x

5. Katherine

Katherine Well-Known Member

Try chewing some tablets of Tums.

6. Beautywithin

Beautywithin Mummy of two

i was the same from 8-19 weeks, have you tried sickness bands, you can get them from boots for a tenner, they helped me a little x

7. bungle

bungle Mummy of 2 girls

I've got my sickness bands and I think they seemed more effective about a week ago than they do now - although I wouldn't dare take them off!!

Are we allowed to take gaviscon? It feels like such a minefield when it comes to meds :)

8. aquablue

aquablue Very early pregnant!!!!!

im suffering greatly from acid ... im only sick acid not food even after i have just eaten!!! your not alone :)