Acne making life like hell!!

FinallyBFP

Reaction score
SO ladies I was just curious to know if any of you have suffered with acne during your pregnancy and did it get any better as time went on? I am currently 10 weeks and the side of my jaw on one side has such sore acne! Acne like I’ve never had before and I feel so awful with it. It can be so painful sometimes when I go to sleep and lay on the side it’s on it aches. Any advise to help it or did anyone’s acne clear up in general after 10weeks? Xx

Everyone is different. Sometimes people have it all through. For me I had bad flare ups in the beginning and lasted through a good part of the second trimester. I'm 26 weeks now and I haven't had any acne for several weeks. Similar with my last two pregnancies.

I always have acne, though. The only time I don't is during the second part of pregnancy and while I'm breastfeeding. I get hormonal acne and it's hard to treat.

My acne was definitely worse in first tri. I still have some now at 21 weeks, but it's much improved

I had ‘mild-moderate’ acne for 10 years, it affected mostly my self confidence and meant I wore make up every single day, scared to leave without it. When deciding to have a baby, I tried to get it dealt with properly by dermatologists etc but didn’t get the change because we succeeded quickly and had to come off the topical creams etc. It got really bad between 4-8weeks Dermatologist recommended a LED PHOTON mask (with blue light for acne) I shelled out £90 on the back of reviews and it’s is the best thing I’ve ever done! Now I don’t wear make up, I feel confident and I don’t have to spend ages trying to deal with my acne sores anymore!! I use it for 10 minutes every night. Honestly can’t reccomend enough, changed my life

I had ‘mild-moderate’ acne for 10 years, it affected mostly my self confidence and meant I wore make up every single day, scared to leave without it. When deciding to have a baby, I tried to get it dealt with properly by dermatologists etc but didn’t get the change because we succeeded quickly and had to come off the topical creams etc. It got really bad between 4-8weeks Dermatologist recommended a LED PHOTON mask (with blue light for acne) I shelled out £90 on the back of reviews and it’s is the best thing I’ve ever done! Now I don’t wear make up, I feel confident and I don’t have to spend ages trying to deal with my acne sores anymore!! I use it for 10 minutes every night. Honestly can’t reccomend enough, changed my life
Wow I’ve heard about these maybe I will have to give it a go?!! I will have to wait till after though my OH would die if he saw me using a light to get rid of my acne he would think of some BS of how it’s not safe etc even if I told him you used it! I’m currently sprouting greys and he won’t let my dye my hair so really feeling insecure atm!! I’m glad you messaged though because I’ve seen those masks for years but didn’t know if they were any good as I didn’t know anyone who used them Personally £90 is good I’ve seen some for £300! What is the brand you used? Xx

Everyone is different. Sometimes people have it all through. For me I had bad flare ups in the beginning and lasted through a good part of the second trimester. I'm 26 weeks now and I haven't had any acne for several weeks. Similar with my last two pregnancies.

I always have acne, though. The only time I don't is during the second part of pregnancy and while I'm breastfeeding. I get hormonal acne and it's hard to treat.
Yep mine is defo hormonal due to it being along my jawline and I’ve found dairy makes it worse so I had to cut it out! Mainly milk that was the worst for me but eggs I still eat. You have made me happy about breast feeding though I assumed we still have loads of hormones when we breast feed so thought I would still be like this..(sorry first time mum so I have absolutely no awareness!) x

With both if my pregnancies I had the worst painful acne on my back and butt. My face though, completely clear. I felt like I was going through puberty all over again. My youngest is 10 months and I am still battling it. It took almost 18 months with my first to completely go away. FX you won't have to go through it for that long. Its just your hormones surging and going crazy.

The brand is called project E beauty, photon LED mask. I got mine from amazon. I did a lot of research on them and this one had good reviews from companies aswell as general public. It’s been amazing for me. I had to warn my partner before he came in the room to begin with because they look really creepy if you’re not expecting it haha I can’t wear mine hands-free like it suggests (it’s got a band that goes round your head to hold it on) because it’s in the wrong place for my head but I put it on for 10 mins while I’m laying down ready for bed. Mine was worth every penny, like I said I’ve not been make up free for 10 years! And even with the make up every day I’d be self conscious, some days I didn’t want to go anywhere because I felt so self conscious. Its like a new lease of life! Wish I’d have done it years ago x

I've always suffered from acne as an adult and it always got way worst each pregnancy. I tried to tame it by using a day and night acne regimen from over the counter. Did help some. Unfortunately, hormones were the main cause and it never settled down till my third trimester

I’ve been spot treating my acne with tea tree oil and it’s been helping. No idea if we’re not supposed to use it during pregnancy though lol..

I’m week 11 now since I wrote this post and some of my acne seems to have calmed down but I’m left with a load of dark colour spots from where they were. Not sure if sudocrem has made my skin leave these marks? It’s the only thing that helped since writing this post I used it every night but it may just be that I’m about to enter the second trimester that it has improved slightly. I’ve also calmed down on sweet things as I rebelled before and thought if I’m getting acne like this I may aswell eat sweet things! bit of a pain but a small price to pay I suppose thank you all for your advise wishing you all healthy and eventually acne free pregnancies! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->