Acne since stopping BC Pill - anyone found anything that works?

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

I had been on the pill for 10 years continuously, and when I came off in Dec 2010 my skin became awful straight away. Its mainly on my chin and I get a mixture of small pimples and huge sore 'boil-like' spots. As soon as 1 goes another comes.

I obviously dont want to go back on the pill, does anyone know of a safe way to balance my hormones while TTC?

(I am trying Freederm gel at the moment, and Oxy 10 Benzoyl Peroxide both of which are helping a bit)

Has anyone found anything that helps with hormonal acne?

Hi,

I have suffered from acne since my teens. The thing which keeps mine at bay is weekly face masks using Mudd brand and wash with St Ives peach facial scrub (blemish control).

Hope thats some kind of use :flower:

i too have struggled with acne since coming off BC - I went on it for that reason - I have found taking off make up or having make up free days have helped. I had a facial in a spa on wednesday (part of my and hubby's task to de-stress me!) and that has helped my face already. I constantly feel horrid and greasy. I'm using night gel too such as witch hazel to clear up blemishes left over. Hope that helps (oh I too use St Ives Blemish free and think that has helped too and clinique no soap face wash i think stps your skin from drying out too much with all the astringent we put on it following the spots!)

xxxxx

Sun always helps my face. I was on Accutane as a teen, because nothing else worked for me. Once that cleared up everything, I went on the pill. Was on it for 8 years, went off, and BAM! Feel like my skin belongs to a high school freshman! If you can go without make-up, it seems to help me. If you Google acne and the sun, I'm sure something will come up. My faces is always the most clear in the summer.

Hey, i have a lot of acne aswell after coming off BC, i find if i do my daily face wash with Clean and clear advantage plus, which has 5% benzoyl peroxide and then i put on clean and clear persa gel which also has 5% benzoyl peroxide before bed it keeps them at bay, i still get the little ones but they arent half as bad!

Got the exact same problem, acne on the top of the back scince i stopped it few months ago. Even with i the pill I always had a bit on the face but the back..I was so desperate, I even put some foundation on my back for my friend's wedding !! lol. I am trying the clearskin night pad and i must admit it make them a bit less red. I am also trying the clearskin night cream but i have just started.

I have this same problem!! My back has broken out just terrible and its been like this for a good three weeks straight! Im gonna start using witch hazel again it dry it all out.

Honestly, I would give it about a month or 2 to see if it evens out with what you're doing now. Everyone's skin is different, what works for one person isn't necessarily going to work for you.

If it's that bad, I would see a dermatologist, the most they can prescribe you is a prescription strength topical gel. Since you're ttc they won't want to place you on any pills. I use Benzaclin and it helps keep my face in check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->