Acne Solutions? Desperate :(

megrenade

Reaction score
My face looks HORRIBLE - I'll get 2-3 red spots on my face and they stay there for MONTHS and look awful.. even if I don't touch them, they turn into a scar that never goes away (my skin scars horribly).

I've keep my hair away from my face, I use mild soaps, I use a very mild moisturizer, I drink a lot of water and I eat fairly well.

Is there anything to use that is "safe" during pregnancy? This is really taking it's toll on my self-esteem and confidence and ruining my relationship because it's making my insecurities 100x worse.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's suffering! :shrug:

I've tried natural oils, and it makes it a lot worse - I want to find something that actually works.. I've tried natural home remedies, nothing is working!

Do you have something like the Body Shop in the US?
they do a tee tea face wash that I found really helped my skin, and my skin is prone to spots. I think the use natural stuff so should be safe to use. I used it in my last pregnancy and everything was ok.

I was told to sleep with a clean towel on my pillow which I couldn't stand the feel of. I was also told to regularly wash my pillow cases- no brainer there. I switched to a silk case and it has helped ever so slightly.

I'd recommend the clinique 3 step anti blemish which is awesome, but I can't remember the ingredients and if it's safe to use during pregnancy! It's worth looking into tho as it works wonders! If the ingredients are safe to use, you can always buy the travel set to try out which isn't expensive at all! :thumbup:

The clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector is great for acne scars and is suitable for pregnancy (I use it to help with sunspots I've gotten during pregnancy) and it works great but it's a bit pricey!

honestly with my first pregnancy i got cystic acne so bad on my chin and it was so deep and hurt BAD! Nothing I did helped it! NOTHING! The only thing I could do was take anything off of my face at the end of the day and apply some creams but eventually those little buggers would pop right back up.. the only thing that got rid of it was delivering! within a week my skin was back to normal! not a pimple!

this pregnancy i only seem to get a pimple when i am due for my period or when i can feel a huge hormone fluctuation... Good luck !

I use just plain baking soda!! It works AMAZING!! I was getting some breakouts at first but I haven't gotten any in months! If it dries out your face too much you can add milk to it (original recipe) but then you have to keep it in the fridge, which is why I stopped using the milk in the first place but it definitely helps with moisture!!

The baking soda is worth a try! It costs less than $1.00! Around here it goes on sale for $0.49 all the time!

Good luck!

Also Neutrogena has an amazing product for emergency pimples. I put it on as soon as I feel one coming on and it usually doesn't come in. If it does, it only lasts a day or so. It's called Rapid Clear it's in a 0.5 fl oz bottle and costs $8.99 but it is very worth it and it lasts forever because it doesn't take much. Also with the baking soda, I have barely needed it, my husband has been taking it over!! lol

I have suffered from acne since 4th grade. I expected pregnancy to make it way worse but I thank baking soda for my acne not being that bad!!

You should try dr. Bronners Castile soap (I like peppermint because it's tingly, there's also tea tree). You have to dilute it with water, I do about 5 water: 1 soap into another bottle. Use one of those face subbing pads - a new one every day until acne is completely gone, then you can switch them less often. Next, witch hazel on a cotton ball all over. Moisturize with organic coconut oil (apply, wait about 3 min, wipe off excess). To treat an acne bump, I use baking soda with a little water and a drop of lavender essential oil, mix until its a paste then put it directly on a bump overnight. Sometimes, I will put this paste all over for a min, then wash it off, it's a great, natural exfoliation treatment.
This is chemical free, completely safe. I could go on and on, but basically all those chemicals in cosmetics, hygiene products and food wreck havoc on your hormone balance. It's so bad for us, pregnant or not! Hope this helps!

As an acne sufferer for 19 years (bad acne, my face is scarred), I finally have products I like. I've tried EVERYTHING in the store, proactiv (it's crap!), prescription creams/gels and pills.

About 3 months ago I bit the bullet and bought the products from Acne.org. I figured I had absolutely nothing else to lose. My pregnancy acne got worse (was becoming cystic) and I felt it was worth a try. I'm glad I did. My skin is only scars now, haven't had a new pimple in 8 weeks *knock on wood* and my skin is softer. I'm wearing A LOT less makeup and I am grateful to NOT wake up with painful zits.

Thank you for the suggestion ladies.

I do have some Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, it wasn't very effective. I will try acne.org and see what I can find.

Thank you again :flow:

My skin was terrible the first few months but I started using belli products. I use the anti blemish facial wash and now my skin is the best it's been in a long time! Even before getting pregnant. It's a little pricey but has lasted me 4 months so far! And is completely safe for use during pregnancy!

Good old fashioned peroxide and a cotton swab.. $3-5 at Walmart the 3 or 3.5% version is great.. Dries blemish out within a few applications. Yes some say it dries out your skin but that would be over excessive and long term use. Also if you have oily skin drying it out a little may not be bad. I swear I tried this for the first time 2 weeks ago.. It was my first large blemish and I just knew it was gonna be a scary one.. Did this and it NEVER surfaced.. Just dried out - now near the surface it scabbed for about a day or so.. But that's it.. It's completely gone.. I'll just take a cotton ball and go over my face every other day or so to kill bacteria.. :)

I have been using the AcneFree cleansing line for years now. I have literally tried everything prior to - Neutrogena, Biore, Clinque, Estée Lauder, ProActive, prescriptions - nothing ever worked. Ever. Until the AcneFree. I get it from Walmart, Walgreens or CVS (whoever has it on sale hehe) and you can buy either just the cleanser or the 3-step box: it's $19 and will last a few months. the cleaner alone is $6, and it's a huge bottle that will last you at least 3 months.

It's amazing stuff, I swear by it - if I stop using it for even 2 days I start breaking out again. I never miss it. I love every product they have out; and they have stuff for both sensitive and normal skin.

Oh, and they have the terminator cream in their line also, if I happen to have a pimple come up (which pregnancy has caused it to be more frequent) I just dab some of that on there before bed and after a day - it's gone.

It's great stuff, it takes a week when you start using it to really show huge results - some people say it only takes 3, but it took a week for me. I will never use anything else on my face :)

As for after cleanser, I use Aveno sensitive oatmeal moisturizer, it keeps my skin moisturized and doesn't make it oily. So it helps prevent the pimples too and doesn't counter-react what the AcneFree cleanser is doing :)

this may sound weird but its safe and works pretty good..
dab toothpiaste over the pimples at night...they go away pretty quick with that..
feel better

I know you said you tried natural remedies but did you try the honey and cinnamon face mask? It worked really great for me, I think it is important to use raw honey and organic cinnamon so that it has all the enzymes and no toxins which I feel can keep it from working.

dab toothpiaste over the pimples at night...they go away pretty quick with that..
feel better

Yeah, i was going to suggest this also, it might be the baking soda (which a previous posted mentioned) or the mint or something, but this seems to dry them right up overnight for me also, just as long as you dont mind a slightly minty pillowcase!

feel better

Yeah, i was going to suggest this also, it might be the baking soda (which a previous posted mentioned) or the mint or something, but this seems to dry them right up overnight for me also, just as long as you dont mind a slightly minty pillowcase!

i been doing this since before there was baking soda in toothpaiste..so im not sure what it is but it works fantastic and its already in ur house and its natural...:)

I had mild acne problems even before pregnancy, and the only daily face wash I found that consistently keeps my face clear (other than a spot here or there once in a while) is a Clearasil daily face wash. It is with salicylic acid I believe, which I did some research on and is considered safe for topical use during pregnancy. You wash it off pretty quickly so it doesn't even sit on your skin for very long anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->