Acne wash, what's safe?

HappilyMrs

Mommy and Wifey
Reaction score
Hey ladies! With my hormones out of whack while on clomid for the past 4 months I am seeing my body react badly to all this abuse in the form of acne... grreeeaaatttt. I've never had a problem with acne before we started TTC and getting on clomid but I was wondering what is safe to use while TTC to clear acne? I don't want to use something that isn't safe in case I get pregnant and don't know for a few weeks. Any ideas? I've read so much that says this you can use but not this and vice versa I'm kind of confused. Any help would be great, and any products you use and suggest are very much appreciated!!! Thank you!

I know Accutane is a big big big no. I've heard salicylic acid should be avoided. I'm not sure beyond that, pretty sure benzoyl peroxide is out, too. Your best bet might just be to find a good non-acne soap and make sure you wash your face a couple times a day, and avoid anything like makeup that might be making breakouts worse. A pharmacist may be able to make a recommendation.

Cetaphil is generally considered the gentlest line of products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->