Acne

Char&Bump-x

Me and her
Reaction score
Didnt really know where to put this, so heres hoping its in the right place!..
I feel really embarrased posting about this but i dont know what else to do!

I was on the pill to get rid of the spots on my face and back, obviously now i'm pregnant i cant take the pill, and the spots have come back, worse!

They are really getting me down, i feel discusting, if my OH goes anywhere near my back i start to get extremely paranoid, I cant wear vest tops (the only kind of tops i have that fit atm!) without worrying if everyone will see them, and they are just generally destroying my self confidence and making me depressed. :sad2:

I've got a pic, just to show i'm not moaning about a few teenage spots, its in the spoiler cos obviously not everybody wants to see :rofl:

https://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/CHAR-LEE-2007/100_0034.jpg

Does anybody know of any way at all i can get rid, or at least reduce them?

Shower everyday and make sure you wash you back propperly and not just "tickle" it, if you cant reach try a sponge on a stick. Also theres some creams about on the market you could try.

try using an acne cream on a sponge on a stick, and give it a good scrub everyday hopefully it will help, also next time your at the doctors talk to him about it, i still have acne on my face, and im not pregnant so i know how it feels hun

Shower everyday and make sure you wash you back propperly and not just "tickle" it, if you cant reach try a sponge on a stick. Also theres some creams about on the market you could try.

I do shower everyday, often twice. I've tried Clearasil and Oxy but neither work.

Anybody reccomend anything that's worked for them?

try using an acne cream on a sponge on a stick, and give it a good scrub everyday hopefully it will help, also next time your at the doctors talk to him about it, i still have acne on my face, and im not pregnant so i know how it feels hun

I think i'm going to make an appointment, i dont like to talk about it as its embarrasing but i'd rather be embarrased than depressed!

I honestly think the best thing for spots is to not use anything... just water and a bit of shower gel...

...although clearasil and like products IMO just bring all the spots out...

I have clear skin, always have (apart from on my forehead at school, not major, but think my fringe aggravated it) and I NEVER have used any prodcut, just make up wipes to get my make up off!!

When I did have spots my doc gave me this roller ball cream, like a deodrant... and it cleared them up... maybe your GP can offer you something

:hug:

Personally I have horrendous skin, and I can't use anything like clearsil etc because my skin is so dry and sensitive that it makes it worse :(

When I was pregnant I came out in really bad spots on my arms, and used Freederm exfoliator... it was really gentle, but definately helped.

Backs are a bit of a difficult one because they are obviously hard to reach, but why not try one of the freederm products on a back sponge and see if it makes any difference?

And btw, it's not that bad sweetie :hugs:

Forgot to mention, it'll be your hormones going insane that's doing this, so while you might be able able to help it not look so severe, you probably wont be able to erradicate it... your body's making a baby, cut it some slack for making you a bit spotty :laugh2:

I was lucky around acne, but I had that a bit when I was a younger teen, it cleared up on its own pretty much when I got older... Proactiv works wonders though.. and keeping your hair up and off of it - hair products, grease in your hair, etc. are just going to work against you clogging those pores back there! Try giving it a wipe with an Oxy pad when you can tell it's getting a little oily back there too!

It could just be your age hun im 21 and mines just starting to clear up, it may just be a waiting game.

I also have this problem since I've been pregnant. My back is nasty lol. My face has just started to clear up.

I use clean and clear face wash and toner. You really must put a moisturizer on and place you use this tho, because if not your skin will work over time producing oil as these products dry it out .. therefore making the situation worse.

The best non oily moisturizer that really helps my skin is Oil of Olay for sensitive skin. I put it on twice a day.

If you can, get a back sponge and use the same regiment on the there also. My OB also gave me a topical antibiotic liquid to dab on the spots. Its basically like those spot sticks but prescription strength.

Lastly try and resist squeezing.

What really helped my face to no end, was mothers day I went for a facial. After that I strictly cleansed and moisturized for 3 days and put *no* makeup on what so ever and they all went away. I was amazed. Its like it reset my skin. You can also get a "facial" for your back. I'm tempted to go back and have that done!

Ps: I don't recommend "scrubbing" your skin either with cleansers. The exfoliate cleansers are made to just be worked in delicately with your fingers, You aint got to be red raw for them to work.

The facial lady told me the harder you scrub the more you strip your skin down and the harder it will work with oil after wards, making it a vicious circle.

When she used the exfoliatant on my sink she just rubbed it lightly on time, put some steam on my face and then washed it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->