aconite, any one taken it for labour anxiety before?

ica235

Reaction score
As the title says really, wondered if anyone has any experience with it!

I had a relatively traumatic experience last time and i suffer with anxiety anyway so im nervous i may panic when labour strikes this time round. Have read that aconite is ideal for that sort of situation but have never heard of it before until now!

I've been wondering about anxiety meds myself. Posted a question about it and the response was "you won't even be thinking about it" which I appreciated any response, but anxiety doesn't work that way lol. I'll be stalking this post to see if anyone has any insight to it, but it seems a lot of people mix up nervousness with a legitimate anxiety disorder.

Good luck! I hope someone has an answer for you! :)

Aconite is a homeopathic preparation. Homeopathy is nothing more than placebo. I'm sorry if this sounds rude but there is no scientific basis for it as no one can prove it has any effect.

Potential natural remedies that could help are lemon balm (aka melissa), b vitamins or chamomile. However I would double check with a doctor or midwife before taking herbal or vitamin based remedies.

Sorry I don't have any experience with this drug but do you have a good midwife? I would be contacting my mw to discuss managing and reducing your anxiety during labour and write a good birth plan with you to make other staff aware.
Good luck
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back