Acsess to nursing

Have you thought about doing keyskills instead of a maths gsce? Most colleges do them and most of the uni website ive looked at do accept them

Theres no jos in nursing at the moment :shrug: Loads of newly qualified staff nurses are having to do the odd ank shift here and there as theyre not recruiting.

If it's of any interest they are callig out for mental health nurses :flower: xx

Thanks so much for all your replys, it looks like diffrent colleges have diffrent entry requirements then! I'll just wait and see and hope that I get onto it! If I do I'll def look at uni's exepting the access course. I've got everything crossed that I do get on but apparently it's a very popular course so I'm just trying not to get my hopes up! Thanks again girls xx

hey sorry all to hi-jack the thread i was wondering if anyone still had thier access to nursing notes stored on thier computer i would be very grateful for them xx

i mena like class notes and that from lessons and i guess the class quizzes etc if that makes sense?

I did access to nursing and it got me into unis. :thumbup:

EVery access to nursing course is different. Each college can tailor it to their needs. For example our college had completely different modules to the college that was 5 miles away. So it would be totally pointless people giving you their class notes :flower: x

not pointless because means i could read them and get alot of general information if its not included in my own course, i am worried about studying again etc so wanting to get any and all notes on nursing courses, i have got ones from Open uni and also some study notes for other nursing course just can't find any for access to nursing.

I'd say that rather than class notes (which are one person's interpretation of what was said), you'd be better having a look at your syllabus and seeing what the topics are. Then go to somewhere like Nursing Standard (which is a good, basic nursing journal) and read up a bit on the topics your course will cover. Also get a good entry-level nursing textbook (like Foundations of Nursing Practice, eds. Brooker & Waugh) and do the same with that.

The other thing to keep in mind is that notes other people have may be from courses in England where guidelines and practice often varies from the Scottish system
anyway.

ETA - one of my reasons for suggesting the above is that if you're worried about studying, then you are best to start getting yourself into the idea of doing literature searches and reading up on things now. The actual nursing degree requires a lot of reading and research, so if you can start just now (even with just a couple of journals) and get into the way of picking info out of them, it could be really useful later on.

Totally agree with Eala, but just to add. The whole point of an Access course is to help prepare you for studying again x

Tbh the course itself is enough, other peoples notes and interpretations wont help you they'll just confuse you, proper research and books is the best place to get extra information.

ah right thanks anyways just wanted to read up on stuff that might be part of the course thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->