Addicted to Doppler!

Miniwilf2

Reaction score
Its probably not a good thing, but I cannot help sneaking upstairs when I get five mins to listen to the baby. It is such a reassuring sound. With my DS I didn't try to find it til 14 weeks as i didn't believe I would find it but we have been able to hear it since 8 weeks this time.

My DS is also obsessed with listening to his baby (which he thinks is inside his belly button).

Any other addicts out there?

I'll be one when I manage to find my bump, I just got my doppler today so I've not yet mastered it.

I'll be one when I manage to find my bump, I just got my doppler today so I've not yet mastered it.

I responded to your post, you will find it, always takes time at first.

What doppler have you got? I am thinking of buying one but don't know which to buy - there seem to be so many out there!

I totally agree, mine is a godsend! I can find it in literally 2 seconds now, as soon as I set the doppler on me, so I just use it for a minute or two each day now, trying not to overuse it. It's soooo reassuring:) (I have the basic Angelsounds, no lcd)

Ha i've told myself that i'll only listen once a day and i used mine for the first time yesterday. Found it really quickly and its such a lovely sound.
I got the hi bebe fetal monitor and i'm really happy with it. :)

What doppler have you got? I am thinking of buying one but don't know which to buy - there seem to be so many out there!

I have the hi bebe fetal doppler with lcd. Its great cos even if you can't hear heartbeat it can pick it up on display and you can see that baby is ok. You know your own heartbeat is generally under 75bpm. Baby anything between 120-180bpm and anything over 220bpm is when it is picking up yours and baby's. I can generally always hear it with a bit of jigging.

I'd go mental if it wasn't for my Doppler,I've lestened everyday since 9+4 it was once in the morning but now it's once in the morning and once at 5pm daily lol xx

I'm trying to ration my time on the Doppler because OH thinks I'm getting addicted- it's so hard not to just have a quick listen to Bubba in the evening though!

Yup. Totally addicted. I have the hi bebe as well and found the heartbeat at 9+5. AHHH I love it!!

Im in two minds as to get one when bump is big enough??!!

I REALLY want one but think i'd get addicted and also think i would panic whenever i couldnt hear anything!!

I might see if any of my friends who have had babies have got one i can borrow from time to time so i dont get too addicted xxx

MrsKnapp, it does cause panic at first, I won't lie. I found mine for the 1st time at 9 weeks and for two weeks I had a hard time finding it again off and on, a couple of times it really upset me. So just promise yourself not too worry if you can't find it early on, please! The baby is so very tiny then, it's really hit or miss.

My fella said he'd get me one if i promised not to panic if i couldn't find it and to be honest i haven't panicked! I did find it kind of straight away when i first got it (3 days ago) and that evening i couldn't find it so i just put it down waited till i had a full bladder, stuck a cushion under my bum and found it no probs. Was the same yesterday it really is giving me peace of mind but i also know if i haven't found it its because hes so small and i need to get into a better position (lying down) and full bladder x

Girls any tips on how to find the heartbeat i'm around 9+3 so
Maybe to early just yet . All I'm hearing at the moment is swosshing ! X

i think its amazing. how big is a babys heart at 10 weeks? it cant be that big when you think the rest of the baby is only about 3cm long! and yet on the doppler it can sometimes sound as loud as the blood gushing through my big fat veins at 60mph! amazing!

I love mine, I also sneak upstairs to have a listen :blush:. I honestly would have been soooooo worried that baby wasn't there anymore if I hadnt got a doppler, it also has become mine and bean time when I have a little chat :happydance:

any luck yet gem? I read a bunch of tips on these forums 1st which helped. The main ones that helped me were: 1st, get to know the sound of your own heartbeat (which you can hear anywhere throughout your midsection), then the baby's will really stand out when you hear it, because it sounds like a little choo-choo train, 160+bpm or so. The main tip that helped me find my baby's heartbeat was to start in the middle along the pubic bone--s/he is in the pelvis, and won't be higher than your hip bones. Most of us seem to find little one at the pubic bone, with the doppler touching it at least. Mine is a little to the left, some are to the right. Just move around real slow and angle the doppler all different directions while you're moving it.

Hope this helps, good luck! Once you find it the 1st time it will get easier!

I love my doppler too, I listen to LO every night. For the last week or so LO has been a lot more active, so I hear a lot of swishing movements and I have to chase the heartbeat! It makes me feel more connected to the baby right now, IYKWIM? I can't feel movement yet, but I can hear them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->