ADMIN - Protecting Pictures

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
I've just been told that people can save my avatar pictures? Is there anyway to stop this?

Also why is the uploader not working all the time?

We can stop people right clicking and saving pictures from the menu (as we do with pictures in posts), but there are ways around it if you know what you are doing.

I wasn't aware that the uploader was broken (well, apart from someone mentioned it on facebook the other day, but as I didn't a reply to me I guessed it was a one off). What error do you get? Keep in mind that the max picture size is 2 MB (I think), which is often the reason for errors.

Just says file upload failed, a lot of girls on the October Bumpkin thread have had problems too, even uploading pictures they have uploaded on here before?

Yeah, you can just take a screen shot of the entire page and cut the images out and save them as individual files if someone reallys wants to steal a particular image.

The best thing you could do if you are worried is to use a program that will put your own watermark over the image, so at least you can always claim it back.

In avatars....not in posts. I thought that's what OP meant? :shrug:

I know you can. I said 'we can' stop right click menus poping up on avatars (as we have done on post images), but what exactly will that stop?

It's not about being 100% foolproof (because no system is), it about doing things no other forum does (and I don't know of any other forum that hides images to guests and disables right click on post images only). Make it inconvenient enough (with easier targets on the internet) and it pretty much acts the same as a deterrent.

:)

Agreed.....I don't see a need to save anyone's avatar images anyways :shrug:

Agreed.....I don't see a need to save anyone's avatar images anyways :shrug:

:shrug: me neither..

I guess people may worry about you know perverts or something, But as stircrazy said, they already block viewable pics to guests etc.

even if right click was disabled. a very determined person could screen shot the page and crop out any page image (your avi for example). I guess if one does not like the risk of their images being "stolen" I would watermark (write text on your photos saying who owns them). That or do not use photos online at all ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->