Admitted for small bleed 24 week! Please read ....

OrkneyGirl

Reaction score
Basically I had a small pinkish colour after wiping so called and went in to matty as suggested thinking not much of it! Decided as I was due to go away for three weeks to scan to be safe, was seen on first scan slight funnelling of the cervix but baby's feet were pushing right in there and blood at edge of sack and des covered anterior plecenta close to my previous section scar but not confirmed if attached as yet?! Anyways I stayed in for 24 hour obs and feeling fine no blood baby's happy and kicking away. My cervix measured 5.6cm however next day I had a further scan good news was the cervix looked more rounded and normal so could of been baby's feet pushing that's good news however blood is still at the bottom of the sack but not leaking into the sac so that's good worry there is it all comes out at once and my body assumes it's in labour or it could be absorbed and not be an issue. The other issue is they couldn't see the scar tissue from previous section and the placenta is laying so close they can't tell if the vains have embedded into the scar or not?!? Possible MRI next week but I'm having a next scan Wednesday so I'm praying the cervix hasn't changed as this is rather scary. They also have given me steroid shots just for safety already (wow there some painful) but I'm glad I've had them. I was gutted i canceled my Holiday and also had my 4D and gender scan that I can't no longer have they don't want me to travel yet in case it sets me bleeding and into labour! Has anyone ever had something similar and how was the outcome?!?

Update back in hospital small bleed after 4am waiting for a scan no idea what's happening

It's so gutting that there appears to be a few things wrong I'm not sure what one I should be more concerned about but I'm devastated. I however have had no bleeding in over 24 hours so that's maybe a bonus I'm praying the bloody is going to be absorbed and not come out! They think it was caused by baby possibly with the feet in the edge irritating the cervix caused a small bleed. I'm not worried about the placenta to much at this moment in time as they can't just tell if it's attached it maybe move yet and be fine. The only real issue is cervix shortening and possibility of being in slow painless labour my midwife said. Basically I've had scare stories and all worst case scenarios from the midwife and I'm home and a nervous wreck every little twinge in terrified but baby's kicking happily and no concern of movements at all. I don't know what to feel or think right now only for home late last night after 24 hours of going from a normal pregnancy and excited about going away to get a scan and London etc to being told I can't travel cancel it all and have rest and all the above.

Big hug, hopefully the hospital will look after you and baby lots. My care is being managed by London and they have been very good. Xxx

I was praying someone with similar circumstances would comment and put my mind at easy about it all!

Maybe put in the cervix thread? Sorry ice not had any experience of this issue x

I have done to unfortunately I'm back in hospital this morning more bleeding awaiting another scan

Aw hope all goes well. Sorry I've no experience of this so can't offer more reassurance but as pp said maybe ask the girls on the incompetent cervix thread in the gestational complications section :hugs: xxx

I have a urine infection to top this all off! Good news is cervix is the same length but the blood noted were still of concern we want it to absorb being the best case scenario so that's a wait and see and the placenta we are unsure about! So loads of things that no one can tell us and it's a wait and see. I'm feeling so emotionally drained and so so disappointed we had to cancel our 4D scan so still don't know what we're having and can't even start to buy things.

But hoping the only way is up

Aw, sounds all a bit confusing. Not sure if it's similar but I had a really big bleed (due to placenta previa) and that didn't do anything to start labour. Afterwards I had a big hematoma sitting right over the cervix. Follow up scans showed it was gone so it must have absorbed as I haven't had any more bleeding. Fingers crossed it absorbs for you too.
Your cervical length sounds really good! So that's in your favour.
If placenta is anywhere near the scar they will do follow up scans. It is pretty rare for the placenta to grow into the scar but they always like to make sure so there's no surprises on the day. Sorry you've had a scare. I hope it all settles down for you.

Thank you we don't know what caused the bleed but it's just laying in the bottom of the uterus if I remember rightly! The midwives said if it comes out all at once it's highly likely to set my body into thinking its time to give birth! But I'm praying it's just going to absorb and I can enjoy my pregnancy again after all the scares. Going from thinking my cervix is opening and the thoughts and reality of losing my baby to the only big problem being the blood clot and waiting to see what's going to happen with that. And not the UTI but on antibiotics so that's possibly caused all this horrible mess. Still hurts we had to cancel our holidays but baby has to come first

Scan Wednesday and praying we are then aloud to book to at least go to Aberdeen and be able to get our 4D&Gender Scan! All I want to see at this scan is this blood to be going or gone (absorbed) that would be such a relief and with that so long as the cervix is of good length and unchanged then it's much better. The next issue after all that is the placenta they will possibly send me still for an MRI they just can't see at all exactly where it's laying if near my scar or anything. It's a waiting game but that I can handle. I just feel like I've had so much thrown at me and I'm so exhausted I am barley managing to stay strong and keep breaking down in tears. Only 5 days ago did we think I was going in to labour and could lose my baby so it's such a relief to be no where near that stage now.

You must be exhausted after going through all that.

Please don't be TOO worried if the blood isn't completely gone. I had a follow up scan 3 weeks after my initial bleed and the blood by my cervix was pretty unchanged at that point. A scan 2 weeks after that one and it was completely absorbed.
It does seem they can hang around quite a while, not really causing any bother, before disappearing

I think it's more concerning as they don't seem keen to let me travel but until we can we can't get our gender scan and I'm fed up of not being able to even buy anything!

Maybe they can tell you gender on Wednesday at scan, my consultant told us on a follow up appointment, I just said I would like to know what sex they are, a sort of coping mechanism....

They can't in Orkney tell you unfortunately for us, we have to go further south and pay for a private one to know. So far I've been 3 days with no blood or anything just feeling normal .... Scan Wednesday so hope all is looking better and then going to book our 4D scan which is costing us just over £170

Good news at the scan today cervix is unchanged blood remains there but appears more organised so looks fully like it will be re-absorbed and cause no more issues! YAY for good news and I've finally re-booked our 4D and gender scan for next Tuesday

I cried last week with the bad news and belief I was losing my baby today I cry for the best possible outcome :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->