Adopt Grandparents?

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
I want to adopt some grandparents.
My inlaws dont bother with my kids at all, my dad does but hes disabled so not much.

I want a little granny that can teach taylor to knit ect.

Where can you advertise? :shrug:

Is this serious?

You can learn to knit from books or the internet.

they did this inthe UK in one of the thursday mags either chat or TAB (but it was a while ago now) why not email them for info or checkout their websites they wanted grannies and fairy godmothers im pretty sure it was the latter of the 2

I've never heard of this... sounds kind of strange??

Thanks hun, not just knitting but all sorts, I have a a friend whos retired who comes round every tuesday, kids adore her and its nice adult convo, kids known her since youngest was born, but shes moving soon, shes like an adopted nanna :)

I think thats a lovely idea, all the little kids on OH's Nanna's and Grandad's estate have adopted those 2 as their grandparents :) xx

One of our neighbors has 'adopted grandchildren'. She's in her early 70s and her husband and daughter were killed in a car crash a decade or so ago. She lives alone but a few years ago became quite friendly with a local girl who fell pregnant quite young. I think they met when they both went swimming at the same time. Sarah (the teenage mother) now visits her a few times a week and both her kids call her Nan. She was even at the birth of Sarah's youngest.

It sounds so soppy but I honestly think they both saved each other, Maggie often has the kids for a couple of hours so Sarah can study, stays over at hers omsetimes so Sarah can go out etc. And Sarah always throws a big dinner for Maggie's birthday. I really think it's lovely.

Aww that's a really lovely story:cloud9: maybe it's not as strange as I first thought. Sounds like it could benefit both sides.

Awwwh that's lovely! lol. I thought it was a joke until i read further. x

:cloud9: I've heard of this before or read about it in a magazine somewhere. No idea where you start in finding someone but good luck with it. Really hope you find someone.

its a nice idea but there arw alot of peodos out there :wacko:

I don't mean this in any horrible personal attack way, I know a lot of people think the same way, and I think parents should be aware there are paedophiles out there and protect their kids accordingly, and its one of my worst fears surrounding my children, but I really don't agree with thinking everyone is/could be one. While their is many out there the majority aren't and are just as revolted by them as us, and its horrid that the media have twisted peoples minds to suspect everyone and trust no one :nope:

its a nice idea but there arw alot of peodos out there :wacko:

I don't mean this in any horrible personal attack way, I know a lot of people think the same way, and I think parents should be aware there are paedophiles out there and protect their kids accordingly, and its one of my worst fears surrounding my children, but I really don't agree with thinking everyone is/could be one. While their is many out there the majority aren't and are just as revolted by them as us, and its horrid that the media have twisted peoples minds to suspect everyone and trust no one :nope:

i think people need to always have it in the back of their minds.

its unfortunate but with any of these organisations attract them. i know fro experience!!!

id rather get to know my neighbours and if i found one that didnt have family id pop around their but wouldnt leave them alone with Freya.

Its a personal choice.

I'm very scared of leaving my LO with anyone I don't know. I was abused for 8 years as a child and its took me a lot of years to be able to say that. I am one of those people that sizes everyone up for it - even neighbours. But it all comes down to trust, I'm sure any parent would make sure they get to know and trust someone before their child is left with them. We all want to protect our kids - if only we were mind readers eh? X

I think it's a good thing really, if your children didnt have any grandparents, I think.grandparents play quite an important role in a childs life and if it can bring happiness to both parts then why not.
Not everyone has the perfect family some have no family so it can only be a good thing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->