Adult Cereals for 6 months + ?

Rydia

1 Boy & 1 Girl
Reaction score
Are there any healthy adult cereals without sugar that I can give to a 6 or 7 month old? Ideally I would like to find a wheat based on and an oat based on so he can have some variety.

Can babies have cereals like cheerios as finger foods?

The problem is salt as well isn't it. Not sure about cheerios but shredded wheat has nothing in it but wheat-according the beefy botham anyway so i guess if you let it go really soggy that's ok-even if it does taste yuk imo

weetabix? ready brek? not sure as I like to give baby cerials until 1 year x

The HV told me to use weetabix and ready brek.

yes...weetabix & ready brek are recommended...enjoy! xxx

Can anyone tell me, do I give a whole weetabix or half?

My Karmel book says Weetabix is too high in fibre to give to a baby.

I think at 6months i used to give Organix cereals mainly...gradually i started to give him Ready Brek and from 1 year onwards he started to have weetabix...xxx

not sure if they have Nutrios there but they are made by Heinz and kind of like Cheerios without the salt and sugar :)

elliots had normal porridge made with water, might make it with formula now he's having that occasionally.

i buy the plum range or organix, we have porridge every morning i can get an extra 4oz milk into him hehe

Liss has half a weetabix or ready brek and she tried shreddies last week too. I mix fruit in with it all to make it a bit sweeter

I gave Joseph weetabix and readybrek from about 6 months but he seems to have got bored of them and is back on the baby cereal! Heinz do a peach porridge which i think is from 7 months, he loves that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->