Advanced maternal age

I was 32 when my first was born, 34 when my second was born and I am 39 and expecting my LO to arrive around August 22nd. :hugs:

I'm 36 and this is my first. I'm so glad I waited till now, I definitely wasn't ready before my mid thirties!

I just turned 39, this LO is my first pregnancy. We adopted DD from birth. Doc has categorized me as high risk due to my age. But I feel great, no morning sickness or anything..just sleepy.

I am 37 - but luckily even the doctor keeps forgetting and saying I look much younger.
I just read about a woman in India who gave birth to twins at 70!

I'm 33, will turn 34 two weeks before the baby's due date. I despise the title of 'advanced maternal age' for those over 35 - makes it sound like the patient is hobbling in with a walker, when in reality she's in the prime of life! Silly docs.

I'm 35 (will be 36 when sprout is born) and sprout is my first.

Hi Im 40 And Have Just Found Out Im Expecting #5

lol im only 23... but I want to have all my children before im 30. I already have a good, stable career and a house (not the one we will live in for too much longer, but still paying equity) and my SO and I both own our own cars and have very little debt.

So the time is right for us.

I am 37 and 10 wks preg with my first! Due 3rd Feb, I will be 38 by then. I have a nuchal scan booked for next Monday, very worried about the results because of my age, hope I am low risk so I don't have to make the decision to go for an amnio. Will be glad when this screening bit is all over!

I'm 33 but I had my first one when I was 18. I've got a 2yr old and I'm 14wks.

I feel a LOT older. :sleep: Probably look it too. :lol:

I am "advanced age" as I turned 35 in March. I think it is funny. My kids think I am too old to be having another baby, but I think that I am just now experienced.

Pocahontas, thats the first thing my 13 year old said to me when I got up the nerve to tell her that I was pregnant...."Ewwwww, mom your old!" Luckily she has come around as is super excited now.

I didn't want to start a whole new thread about this because I wanted this question directed to us "advanced maternals". This is my first pregnancy as I stated earlier and I'm 39. I may have the option of a C section as opposed to natural delivery. My question is are there any of you ladies more in favor of a C section? I don't know what to decide...OH was a little shocked when I said that I may be leaning towards C section...then again I'm completely undecided. Would like for you to shed some light on this issue for me if you can ladies. Thanks

I would never "opt" for a c-section unless it was absolutely necessary. Not only is the recovery worse, it also makes it harder for a natural delivery later on (if you choose to have more). Even though it is very common, it is a major surgery.

I had a c-section 7 weeks ago and would never have opted for it. I had planned a home birth. Recovery is painful for weeks. Plus being on pain meds and trying to breastfeed and bond with the baby is hard, and the meds effect both you and the baby.

i am 36 and will be 37 when bubba is born. I had my first one at 29 and they called me an older first time Mum then!!!:blush:

I had an emergency c section and I would have preferred a natural birth, it was very painful afterwards and it was a lot longer before I could look after Dan on my own!

I didn't want to start a whole new thread about this because I wanted this question directed to us "advanced maternals". This is my first pregnancy as I stated earlier and I'm 39. I may have the option of a C section as opposed to natural delivery. My question is are there any of you ladies more in favor of a C section? I don't know what to decide...OH was a little shocked when I said that I may be leaning towards C section...then again I'm completely undecided. Would like for you to shed some light on this issue for me if you can ladies. Thanks

Hi

I've had two sections and I'm heading for a third. I would in all honesty say to you, that unless medically reccomended I wouldn't have an elective caesarean. I was given a massive reality check at my consultant antenatal last week when she warned me against having anymore children after this one. Apparently it becomes more risky each time the operation is performed.

Even if you don't want a big family like I did, there are other restrictions that they will put on you during future pregnancies. I wanted to have a home birth with Charlie but they wouldn't allow it. I then wanted as little medical intervention as possible but they had me wired up nearly constantly so I couldn't move about. So it's not just the process itself that you have to go consider but also the repercussions later one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->