Advanced maternal age

Thanks Angelmouse...I am very wimpy and have a low tolerance for pain. I guess I'm looking for the least painful way to give birth. This willbe my last child however, I already have dd who is 13 (adopted) and I'm frightened to death of whats to come with this pregnancy. I guess it's normal, I'm sure everyone was scared to give birth the first time. I'm just being a wimp.

That's ok Hon. :D

It's actually a misnomer that a section is gonna be less painful though I'm afraid. You end up in more pain and for longer. Believe you me what you imagine childbirth to be is ten times worse than the reality of it. Your body is equipped for this job, it's what it's made to do. Adrenaline and endorphines take over and enable you to cope with the pain.

You might benefit from some hypnotherapy or relaxation classes to help you deal with your fear. I'm sure if you had a chat with your MW she'd be able to help you out.

Good luck

:hugs:

Thanks Angelmouse...I am very wimpy and have a low tolerance for pain. I guess I'm looking for the least painful way to give birth. This willbe my last child however, I already have dd who is 13 (adopted) and I'm frightened to death of whats to come with this pregnancy. I guess it's normal, I'm sure everyone was scared to give birth the first time. I'm just being a wimp.

I don't know if you have these out east but here in the west we have people called Doulas. These women (and maybe men?) are trained to help us from the "bellybutton up". I have booked mine for my birth and she is going to help teach me some ways to handle pain without the drugs. I'm not saying that I might not get the drugs but I'm hoping to do this all natural. Of course, I'm scared to death, but having her with me is helping all ready cause she been helping women do this for years.

They teach focus and breathing techniques as well as doing massase (excuse my spelling). You might find someone like that very helpful to reduce your fears. She will also stay for the whole birth and a few hours after so you don't have to worry about being left alone. I know that my DH will be there, but it's not like he has a wealth of experience to draw on ;)

Thank you ladies...I willlook up doulas in my area...sounds like a good idea. Angelmouse, thanks for your post.You have already calmed me down some

Bless you sweetie.:hugs: That's not a problem.

If you have anything else you think I might be able to help you with you can PM me I'm not exactly an encyclopaedia of knowledge but if I can help I will. :laugh2:

Sorry Pepperflake for Hijacking your thread a little Hon. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"