advent calendars

Scout

Reaction score
Those who buy an advent calendar, what are you buying? I'm looking for inspiration for my (3yr 7 months old at Christmas) dd. Previously done book advents; want something different. Suggestions?

We are already doing a give back advent...putting food items in a sleigh for each day for the food bank, but I want something for dd to receive as well. I think this will be the first year she really 'gets it'.

We're just doing chocolate ones and a for the first time a book advent for all 3 kids but I really like the Playmobil advent calendars.

The last two years DS got a kinder egg one and a lego calendar (last year he had a play doh one too thanks to my mum), this year we're trying to save money so gave him a choice and he went for the Lego star wars.

DD1 has a felt Christmas pudding with pockets so I can refill it every year - normally with miniature heroes chocolates.

My oldest wants a Lego star wars one, almost had a heart attack at the price= $40!
so we will see, My middle daughter wants a lego friends one, and i am getting my 3.5 year old a playmobil one like this;

A1HCUV845HL._SL1500_.jpg

probably get them a chocolate one each too.

Last year they shared a Playdoh one (dd2 wasn't interested) plus a chocolate one each.

This year I have a wooden gingerbread house that I'll put a couple of chocolates in and we're doing a book advent. May treat myself and DH to one to share.

Playmobil and lego calendars look good :)

We just get a chocolate one each, they get to choose which one, nothing fancy! Me and DH have a refillable one which we fill with more grown up chocs from M and S, i always have the odd numbers :haha:

I'm decorating some wooden ones this year! Most days will be a little chocolate(a gold coin/heroes) but 2× a week or so I think I'll put a special sticker, a shell/stone/fossil(for my eldest as she loves them!), some pennies as she likes to call them etc. Will fill them for £5 each hopefully:)

Last year dd had a playmobil one, which she loved (and still loves playing with). This year I saw this Gemstone one on sale at The Works, so thought I'd get it for a change

Attachments

• IMG_20161012_144324.jpg
    IMG_20161012_144324.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 10
This year I have got my 9 year old a Match Attax football one and my 18 year old a swizzels sweets one :) They will also get a Thorntons chocolate one each :)

I normally just get a chocolate one but think I might also do a book advent this year.

We normally do a chocolate one, book one, and a fun one. Last year was playdoh this year is the wilko Blox one. Me and OH usualy just get a chocolate one each.

I think I'm going to get Rio the playmobil one this year.
Last year he had a thorntons one, a hot wheels car a day and a play doh one off MIL which seemed too much. Probably will still get a chocolate one too but only one with toys. He's getting playmobil sets for Christmas so the playmobil one seems best for us.

My pair will get a chocolate one each and a Blox advent calendar. They had a Lego city calendar last year. They also have an advent candle which they burn every night at tea. They have a candlelit dinner every night in December :haha:

Thanks. I think I may go with playmobil. Advent calendars don't seem to be a 'thing' here in the US, and I can't find all that many to choose from.

This year they have a lego advent calendar to share and will also get a chocolate one each

I'm thinking either this one

https://trusca.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRUCA1-23934138dt.jpg

or leaning towards this one for my 2 year old

1.jpg

And this one for my 5 year old

e05264ce-3f30-4c72-a2ca-d7f97879601a_1.9e48560abdaef03aa1acadc9d8cbb3d9.jpeg

I always say I'm going to get them a cool calender and always end up just getting the chocolate ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->