advent calendars

Oh I like the Thomas minis one! Just looked and can't find it in stock so will keep checking.

I just get my girls a chocolate one of their choice. I refuse to pay £60 odd for advent calendars!

We don't buy advent calendars as various family buy them for DD. She ended up with 4 last year which was quite over the top!

I love the lego ones and gift ones but they're way too pricey for me to justify so I just let her choose a chocolate one from the supermarket! xx

DS1 has the Lego Star Wars one for the second year in a row. DS2 has the Playmobil one this year. My mum then fills them a big hanging cloth one with pockets with chocolate treats for each day. MIL gets them a standard chocolate one some years too. Plus our elf brings them a chocolate coin each every day she's where. That sounds a lot know I've written it down. Ooooops! :haha:

Mil got Rio the fire rescue playmobil one today :) I'll probably only get a chocolate one now.

I have a playmobil one I've had for about 10 years and a wooden nativity advent calendar (so you build the nativity scene day by day throughout advent). I just add chocolates to the boxes on these for me and the girls. I had no idea people bought a new Lego/playmobil/toot toot/play doh etc advent calendar every year!!! I assumed the point was to use them over and over again?!

We'll just be doing chocolate ones. Although I won a Yankee candle one so I'll have that too :)

We've always had chocolate ones, we can't afford anything else. But DD doesn't like chocolate so I have no idea what we're gonna do. I was gonna get the Wilkos blox one, but she doesn't like Lego either

We've always had chocolate ones, we can't afford anything else. But DD doesn't like chocolate so I have no idea what we're gonna do. I was gonna get the Wilkos blox one, but she doesn't like Lego either

Does she like sweets? I think haribo do an advent calendar and I've seen a swizzels one in b&m's

Does she like sweets? I think haribo do an advent calendar and I've seen a swizzels one in b&m's

She does but is so fussy with them! Spotted one in Wilkos that is cheap makeup which she'll love, thank you!

elc are doing a happyland one this year if anyone is looking for something for younger ones

I like the pony playmobil too, but its quite pricey, i think because its a previous years version!?

I like the pony playmobil too, but its quite pricey, i think because its a previous years version!?

You're probably right. I can't really spend that much on one. But I popped into ToysRUs the other day and they have a playmobil country horses (or something like that...I can never remember the names) and I thought about getting that and then doing my own calendar with the pieces. I think it was only $19.99. DD is really into horses right now so I'd like to get her something 'horse'. I thought I'd have a look on pinterest for diy calendars.

I'm doing a diy advent. Just gonna wrap small gifts or chocolate up or in toilet roll card (Pinterest) and put them in Christmas boxes. They'll get a main gift Christmas morning which I usually buy anyway so won't actually cost anymore iykwim?
I'm also going to add an activity in each day too to give them something to do. As it will only be chocolate some days and a gift and chocolate others I thought I can make it as cheap as I want whilst also adding things I know they'll like :)

im stalking asda for the tsum tsum one, never in stock tho!

I have a felt tree which has pockets in the bucket section which have little felt Christmas themed items that then stick up on the tree to decorate it every day - I had one as a child and searched high and low for it last year for my son & daughter to use as they grow up :cloud9:

This year I plan on popping in a chocolate coin into each pocket too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->