Advice about Ex ASAP please girls......

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
Ok some of you may know from other threads my ex has said he won't be at the birth and probably won't be around much if at all afterwards.

I'd still like his family to be involved and to a certain extent I think they do to, I want to do a scrap book for bubs and need some photos from his side of the family so thought I'd text and ask him but just want to run my text past someone first.......

'Probably a strange question but I don't suppose you could ask your mum if shes got some photos of ur side of the family I could have? I'm doing a scrap book for bubs and I would still like your half of the family to be in it, i'd just rather pass it by you 1st than ask your mum for them.'

Do you think I've gone into it too much or should I just send it?? I'm a crap decision maker.

xx

Well I don't know much about the story or your ex but that sounds fine to me.

It's polite, straight to the point and isn't intrusive.
If he takes offense and gets all wierd about it then he's immature.

You could also word it as such:

"I'm making a scrapbook for bubs and I'd like your family to be included. I want to ask your mom for some photos of the family I can have. Just running this by you. Is this ok?"

Same thing really.. Just different wording :blush:

Thanks Gabi, I'm rubbish at wording things as well I have a tendancy to say things the long winded way so thank you for that.

Just because he isn't interested doesn't mean that my baby shouldn't know anything about his side of the family and he's going to know my ex's lil boy (his ex wants him to know his brother, if that makes sense) so at the very least having photos of the rest of his family I thought would be a nice idea. Sorry I'm babbling now, being on my own all day makes me think about things too much.

xx

No problem. I think it's wonderful that you want your baby to know the whole family. Alot of people wouldn't allow that.

:hugs:

It's not my babys fault and it's not my ex's fmaily either it's just Rich who's being a twat! x

Sounds fine to me! Personaly i wouldnt even text him and go straight to his mum but im a bitch lol

Yea well I would but I want to try an keep him onside a bit just incase he does change his mind about knowing our son. x

sounds good to me. Polite and to the point. and if he doesn't respond or is arsy he can't say u didn't try :hugs:

your a better perosn than i am if my partner n i split and he said he wouldnt be at the birth or much if any after id well kill him lol but seriously id just say fine and cut him out n if he changed his mind he could beg me. But i would still let his family be involved

Well I text him and good news he said it shouldn't be a problem I can text or he can ask her on Saturday when he sees her. I said I'd rather him ask so she knows I've asked him first. x

Thats good. Would be immature if he had a problem with that. Its not babies fault he doesn't want to be around. His loss. But why shouldn't your child know about all of its family. Glad he said yes. Thats a nice idea aswell, scrap book. Very creative :D

See, at least he'll msg you back. Adam has cut off complete contact now(and so have I). He won't answer his phone or reply to texts or e-mails (trying to get stuff straightened out with the apartment).

He isn't a complete twat

I'm sorry Adam is so immature. Men can be complete A**Holes. We still talk occasionally but it hurts sometimes to talk to him cos it's like he's a stranger these days.

WaitingForYou, I wish it was creative it'll probably be one of the most boring scrapbooks you've ever seen. My creativity seems to have gone out the window and I find it hard enough to do cards at the moment let alone a whole scrapbook. And I thought then I can put my own bits n pieces in more than what you get in a baby book.

Sorry completely different subject lol.

xx

Just colour in the page with stars and etc. Then get pieces out of magazines or newspapers like letters, and put the persons name underneath or like 'uncle john' or something. :p

Awww i think thats a lovely idea, am glad that he replied and you two are civil :) Bet it will be a lovely book!

https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/1546387.html

https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/1532151.html

These are lovely, lots of ideas on that website. I wanna do one now, you've given me the idea. It will help my boredom. I really am so bored that i'm sitting on here all day instead, not good for my eyes.

lol thanks hun, I know sitting here all day on my own day after day gets really boring! Silly thing is I've got stuff I can do just don't get round to doing it.......like I've started a cross stitch for my friends baby I haven't finished, my home study course I'm supposed to be doing just don't have the motivation to do it lol xx

I think thats a good idea to, were all pinching your scrap book idea now, lol.

Im glad your ex has agreed to let you do your stuff, he's a twat for not wanting anything to do with bubs him self, but atleast hes mature enough to realise his family still have rights.

All the best hun.:hug:

I wouldn't have done it. It is going to be hard to explain to him why he sees his fathers side of the family but not his father ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->