Advice After First Scan

snowflake

Reaction score
Hi,

I had my first scan this morning. I thought I was 8.5 weeks pregnant but the doc said it looked more like 7.5 weeks. I saw a heartbeat and everything looked relatively ok but it has worried me that I am only 7.5 weeks because I know that's not possible - I know the exact dates we BD'd on.

I know my query probably sounds silly but I am worrying a little that maybe development is slow. Can anyone offer any advice?

I dont understand either how they work things out, I had my first scan Friday and they put my dates forward i was confused about this as it works out i must have got pregnant staright away after my period and not when i thought i did......

I wouldn't worry about it x

Dont worry when I had my first scan I measured at 7 days less then I KNEW I was, so they pushed my due date back. When I went for my 20 week scan ta da! I measured at the exact dates I knew it was. The US is an estimate only :)

they did that 2 me 2. i went thinking i was 7.5 and they said i'm 5 or 6 weeks now

Well, basically, in the right conditions sperm can live approximately a week :) So seeing as you have a heartbeat, things should be just fine. Don't worry :)

I had my first visit today and they started playing with my dates too... way confusing I can definitely sympathize with you. Fingers are crossed that it's all good

It is very common for dates to be changed hun, don't worry, it could easily be changed again at the next scan and you may be what you thought initially! Glad the scan went well! x

Thanks girls for all your replies, it has made me feel alot better.

I wouldnt worry at all, the same thing happened to me, at my 12 week scan they said the baby was a bit small for my dates, however as we were ttc for a while i had been writing everything down so i knew my dates were accurate.. I was worried, thinking why is the baby small..

But... when I had my 20 week scan the baby is going brilliant and is perfect for my dates..

So all that worry for nothing..

standard deviation for scans is +/- 7 days, so don't even worry about that.

please dont worry hun, the dates they gave me when i was pregnant last time said that i got pregnant whilst on my period! ah well!

glad your little bean is ok :)

As you saw the heartbeat, I wouldn't worry at all!

You could have BD'd on a particular date but concieved several days later due to sperm being able to survive for as long as a week in the right conditions.
Also some women experience implantation later than "normal" - The average for implantation to occur in around 7 days past ovulation, but for some women it can be as late as 14 DPO.....And don't forget that each baby has a different growth rate in utero.

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy pregnancy!

:hi: Dont mean to sound stupid but did you know that when thay calculate to see how far along you are, they actually count from the first day of your last period. I didnt know this. When i was ttc i had a cyber calender made up so i could keep track of everything. I worked it out that i am 3wks pregnant when im not. I am actually 5wks pregnant.
( count from the first day of your last period not from when you think you conceived).
Anyway i went back and checked my calender and its right , i am 5wks pregnant and not 3wks. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->