Advice after MC?

DogLover

waiting to try again
Reaction score
Hi there

I have been bleeding since Saturday and an early scan today showed nothing in the sac, I am 11 weeks and they have said I have to wait two weeks for a second scan to be sure before they can do anything. I'm worried about what will happen in the meantime as they said it may pass naturally. Can anyone give advice on what to expect? I would like to be prepared so to keep the upset to a minimum.

Thanks x

Hey hun, hope you are ok and sorry to hear about your loss - unfortunately I can only advise what I have been told as i had a d & c and early natural loss so bleeding was heavy but did not have anything to pass. The usual to expect is heavy period with clotting and bad cramps, if it helps take paraceatomol to make yourself comfortable.

when I had my first loss which was a mmc, I was 11weeks and the baby had stopped growing when at 6/7 week stage, I only had a bit of spotting and cramping, however I was asked to go back the following week for a follow up scan to confirm the loss. In the 12 days I spotted I showed no signs of a full bleed, so for me d & c was the option.

I really hope the 'process' is as comfortable for you as it can be and if you need to chat we are here, the forum is really good to share your feelings x x

Take care hun x

Hi doglover, Im really sorry to hear ur news. Im trying to think about what to say without upsetting you. I would get some heavy duty pads not the normal thin ones as you may be needing some if you already havennt got any. Hope uve got someone there 2 support u aswell. You may well loose alot of blood like myself so make sure you've got some dark trousers/jeans and spare pairs xxxxx

Sorry for your loss DL.

Like the previous poster, it's difficult to know how to put it. I agree you'll need some heavy duty pads. There is no easy way to say it because it isn't going to be nice. I had a natural m/c at 12 weeks (sac measured 9 weeks) and it was very very painful. I went to A&E as I was vomiting with the pain. I was eventually given some codeine which really helped (the codydromal they previously gave me didn't touch it). The first few days were fine, it was the passing of the sac that was the worst. That took a day and then all was fine again. I had a us shortly after to check that all had gone. People's experience seems to vary and some have it easier than others. Good luck :hugs:

Sorry to hear of your loss :(

I have no personal experience of a natural mc as I had an mmc and opted for surgery to remove everything. From what I have read on here I would definitely arm yourself with the thickest pads you can do and some strong painkillers. I am sure that there will be some others who had experienced natural mc who will come along and give some more advice soon.

:hugs:

Thanks for all your replies x

Since posting, the clots have started, think maybe the prodding of the internal scan kick started it perhaps? Only bought extra long pads when bleeding started at the weekend, so will have to invest in some heavy duty ones! I got a lovely hubby who has been very supportive and completely understanding how I feel. When he is at work, I have my two lovely dogs to keep me company. I think my female knows what is going on as she is being really cuddly and looking at me with her sad eyes,they say dogs can tell these things!

Thanks again for all your replies, this forum really is so supportive, especially for a first timer like me! It's made me really optimistic about the future and looking forward to starting NTNP again! I remember it being very fun the last time!!! x x x x

Hi
Sori about your loss. i know some of the girls have answered your questions, but just wanted to share with my recent natural miscarriage. started spotting the 26th of nov, progressed to medium bleeding in 2days, had been for a scan was told baby 6 weeks (according to my dates meant to be 10 wks). and told they wud scan again after 1 week to check any progress. was admitted in hospital due to severe pain and was on morphine on 30th done another scan which showed nothing, and was told it was a natural complete m/c.Bled up until the 8th of dec. did a preg test yesterday and it was a negative. am now waiting for 1st af @ the mow ntnp.....
hope the physical pain is bearable as for me it completely threw me off, couldnt sit, walk or do anything at all.
Best wishes hun, hope the above info helps.

Hi sorry for your loss, as well as the pain try and prepare yourself for the visual trauma of possibly seeing what you pass :( i sometimes think thats the worst thing, If you can avoid looking then i would reccomend you do that. Even seeing a sac empty is very upsetting

xx

I passed mine last night. I think. I was 6 weeks, but the baby may have stopped growing way before that. But after getting out of the shower last night, i felt a strange urge of pushing and had to run to the toilet and it came out, a big red clot. With everything in it. I couldn't flush it. I took it downstairs to other half and even asked if we could bury it. Stupid i know! I cried and said goodbye and flushed :cry: And felt at peace, knowing the pain had gone. Now i am just bleeding like a period. Normal pads, everybody is different on how they miscarry. I had two times when i was in agony, then it went. I have just had a dull ache since sunday.

I hope you are ok sweetheart, and if you ever need to talk - i am here :hugs:

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back