Advice and Question about TTC

Canadianmom4

Mom to 5 beautiful kids!!
Reaction score
A little bit of background, I'm 42, my husband is 44. Back in March we had an unplanned pregnancy, but sadly, I miscarried in May at 10 weeks and 3 days. Last week we had a heart to heart, and decided we were going to actually try. I have 5 kids from a previous relationship, and he doesn't have any of his own.

Anyway, because I am so new to this, I haven't temp or used OPK's or anything like that. My fertility week started on August 5th. I'm on a pretty regular 28 day cycle. We DTD on CD's 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. CD15 being the estimated date for ovulation. I wanted to DTD twice today. We DTD this morning, but I couldn't get him to do DTD tonight. I understand he is tired. End result, it turned into a really big fight. I don't want TTC to turn into an argument. I just wanted to make sure we increased our chances to conceive. Now I'm sitting here scared that maybe we didn't DTD enough. I was also told to DTD for the couple days after your expected ovulation as well.

I'm at a loss. Am I overreacting? Do we still have a chance this month?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

sounds to me like you did it on all the right days hun so you're well covered

Thank you both for your replies. I'm worried about maybe ovulation past CD15. What are the chances of that on a 28 day cycle?

I think your covered.....maybe go for some makeup sex tonight/tomorrow just for an extra shot!

DH and I only DTD the day before O my last cycle and we managed to catch the egg :) Your timing is wonderful...try not to fret!

Where abouts in Canada are you? I'm in Manitoba :)

I think your covered.....maybe go for some makeup sex tonight/tomorrow just for an extra shot!

DH and I only DTD the day before O my last cycle and we managed to catch the egg :) Your timing is wonderful...try not to fret!

Where abouts in Canada are you? I'm in Manitoba :)

I'm in Ontario :)

Thanks for your reply. I know I've been really selfish in the DTD department but I still can't help being upset with him for last night. I don't want TTC to be this stressful. How do I make this up to him? I'm scared to approach him now for any sort of intimacy. Judging by my EWCM I had on both Friday and Saturday, I'm pretty sure I ovulated Saturday. So we had a few days before that, and the day after. I really want thus. I just need to relax.

You're covered girlie! Just relax and be kind to hubby :) have some sex later on in cycle to show him you enjoy being with him rather than just wanting to get pregnant this month. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->