Advice coming off depo

Ashtong

Reaction score
Hey ladies. I had my first and only depo shot 4 months ago. I reacted really well while I was on it. I'm now TTC after about 2 weeks of when I was supposed to get my last shot I have ovulation pain which I never had while on the shot obviously. I took some opks and they came back positive. Took another one a few days later and it was negative. Took one again yesterday and it was positive again. I'm so confused as to what this means. I haven't had a period since before the shot so idk when af is coming. So testing is kind of hard. I also had more O pain about a week after I got my positive result.

Didn't want to r&r however I got my first and last shot almost a year ago and just got a period back in August then nothing till last month and then again 2 weeks after.

It sounds good that your getting a positive but I've never used those so unsure of how they work, it's safe to say I will never get depo shot again, it was ok whilst I was on it, did make me feel sick and gave me pregnancy symptoms the weeks after but I wish I had known more about ttc after depo. But I know, everyone is different.

Good luck :)

Thank you! I know I will NEVER have another shot! Did the dr put you on anything to start your period?

Thank you! I know I will NEVER have another shot! Did the dr put you on anything to start your period?

Nope nothing, I just waited it out, when I spoke to the dr she told me to come back and see her if I didn't get a period for 6 months but everything I've read online says that you should wait at least 18 months for a period even my last dr told me I had to wait 18 months.

I personally think its better to just allow your body time to get back normal, didn't do anything and it just showed up 9 months after my shot, however I'm sill irregular and all over place, I started on the pre conception vitamins after my first period, so far I've had 3 periods but I'm not sure if I'm ovulating :/

Some people get their periods back very quickly and some wait longer.
Hang on in there, your periods will return just eat healthy and drinks loads of water :)

If you got a positive you probably did ovulate but the thing is your cycles are probably going to be a bit all over the place. My depo was due last week and like 3 days later I started bleeding...can't tell if it's AF or a withdrawal bleed?! I only had one shot of depo.
I can't afford to just wait it out because I have endometriosis and want to get pregnant before I have my ovary out, and it really hurts so need to get preg asap!! lol!
I've just ordered some opks and some agnus castus to try and get my periods going regularly. But this definitely feels like AF....hmm we'll see.
Fingers crossed for you xxxx

Oh no candy! Good luck! And please keep me posted! :) it's hard for me to wait too bc I have fibromyalgia and I'm off all my meds. :,( it's so irritating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->