Advice for girls who want to be proactive in WTT

PrayerfulHope

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Girls,

I read this post about how WTT is harder than TTC, and I disagree. You say you want to be proactive, so here's some advice on how. These are things I wish I had done prior to TTC. ( I wtt for 2 years before actively TTC)

If you are on depo, GET OFF OF IT!!!!!!!!!!! Depo can really ruin you and put you through hell when you start TTC. A doctor won't see you about infertility unless you have been off of depo for 18 months.

Get off your birth control and use condoms!
I know it can be annoying, but you want to make sure that when you do start "trying" your cycles are as normal as they can be. This way, if you notice you are having irregular periods, you can help to fix it sooner, research ways to make your cycle normal.

After you are off of hormonal birth control, start BBT charting.
Using something like Fertility Friend ( https://fertilityfriend.com ) to help you keep track of your cycles. Get to know your body. Get to know if and when you ovulate.

Take Prenatal Multivitamins. Ok so you aren't TTC, but did you know that it is recommended to start taking Prenatal vitamins at least a YEAR before you start trying to conceive a baby? This will help you get in the habit of taking the vitamin, and que you in to know if you have a reaction to it so you can talk to your doctor about it later on (sometimes it causes nausea, and if it does, that is not something you need added when you get pregnant).

Lose or Gain Weight. If your BMI is higher than 25, you need to lose weight. Excess fat can cause you to store excess estrogen. This is NOT good for ovulation and implantation. If your BMI is too low (lower than 20) consider trying to put on a few pounds, as having a body fat percentage that is too low can inhibit ovulation.

Exercise. Exercise can promote a regular cycle, reduce cramps, and increase libido. Once you START TTC limit exercise to 3 times a week, especially if you are skinny or underweight, as this can cause you to lose your periods all together.

And most importantly, relax.
Because once you actually start TTC, you will see... it is so much more stressful than you could ever imagine.

Good luck in the future to all the WTTers out there. :hugs: I know, it's hard to wait when baby fever is burning you up. Enjoy your time with your OH.

Thank you for this, I think we need more threads like this! Good luck with getting your BFP

Thanks for this, I've been charting by book but that fertilityfriend seems much better so I will use that :)
I'm proactive... doing everything else I can think off, swapping tea/coffee for green tea, healthy eating, exercise and folic acid. Going doctors Thursday to book my blood for Rubella... its alll in motion.. Just waiting for my cycles to regulate now... :sad2:

This all seems like great advise. Is there a big difference between prenatal vitamins and a good multi? I just bought 3 months worth and don't want to waste. They have 400mg of folic acid and just about everything else.

Thanks again! Now I only have to worry about OH thinking that I'm jumping the gun on him. I'm just nervous about fertility as his mom tried for 4 yrs and my mom ran out of eggs early.

I might start taking prenatals as soon as I get off these oxytetracycline tablets (I've got pneumonia) in that case (can't take them alongside certain supplements, iron being one), I'm sure they will do me some good in the long run too.

Sadly stopping bcp for me means abstaining until we are ready as I am super-sensitive to things 'down there', but on previous breaks from the pill I went back to regular cycles immediately, so hopefully that will continue.

Thanks for the advice though. :)

I do agree with being proactive, no point sitting around in any situation!

I think the only thing I have to do from your list is relax, as that is my big problem.

Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon!

Well thank you! I appreciate your words of wisdom!

This all seems like great advise. Is there a big difference between prenatal vitamins and a good multi? I just bought 3 months worth and don't want to waste. They have 400mg of folic acid and just about everything else.

Thanks again! Now I only have to worry about OH thinking that I'm jumping the gun on him. I'm just nervous about fertility as his mom tried for 4 yrs and my mom ran out of eggs early.

You can continue taking your regular multi, and add some folic acid. Prenatals have 800mcg folic acid in them. :)

Don't worry, tell you oh that you are preparing for when he is ready to start. My OH didn't mind me reading parenting magazines and Fit Pregnancy before we started TTC, he knew how much I wanted one one day and wanted to be prepared. Little did I know about the advice I just gave to all of you though, which is why I decided to share. :)

Thanks for this, I've been charting by book but that fertilityfriend seems much better so I will use that :)
I'm proactive... doing everything else I can think off, swapping tea/coffee for green tea, healthy eating, exercise and folic acid. Going doctors Thursday to book my blood for Rubella... its alll in motion.. Just waiting for my cycles to regulate now... :sad2:

Mine are still irregular, and I've now moved on to assisted conception. Try something like Agnus Castus (aka Chasteberry tree or Vitex). Take it every day, without fail, and it should help to regulate your cycles. It also helps with acne, and menstural cramps. :thumbup:

I might start taking prenatals as soon as I get off these oxytetracycline tablets (I've got pneumonia) in that case (can't take them alongside certain supplements, iron being one), I'm sure they will do me some good in the long run too.

Sadly stopping bcp for me means abstaining until we are ready as I am super-sensitive to things 'down there', but on previous breaks from the pill I went back to regular cycles immediately, so hopefully that will continue.

Have you tried lambskin condoms? i know it sounds sSo gross. But I've used lambskin and preseed (lube) rather than spermicide or KY type lube, as I am also VERY sensative down under and cannot use latex condoms. Doctors recommend coming off of bcp at least 3 months before you start to try.. Good lucK!

Have you tried lambskin condoms? i know it sounds sSo gross. But I've used lambskin and preseed (lube) rather than spermicide or KY type lube, as I am also VERY sensative down under and cannot use latex condoms. Doctors recommend coming off of bcp at least 3 months before you start to try.. Good lucK!

You can buy non latex condoms in all pharmacies/ supermarkets thats what i use and found them ok

Mine are still irregular, and I've now moved on to assisted conception. Try something like Agnus Castus (aka Chasteberry tree or Vitex). Take it every day, without fail, and it should help to regulate your cycles. It also helps with acne, and menstural cramps. :thumbup:

Oooo I've heard of that, I may give it a go, do you know where you can purchase it from? Does it have any nasty side effects that you know of or is it herbal?

Thanks x

Well these ones don't apply to me much. my BC doesnt affect my cyclus at all so the cyclus is normal.
and BMI wise I wouldnt need to lose weight, although I am always looking to lose some anyway xD

I'm having some investigations done over the next few weeks as the doctors think there is more going on than just allergies or sensitivity as it has come on quite suddenly where I never used to have any issues. They are going to test me for a hormone imbalance and then do a thorough check :blush:. I'm hoping it's something easily sorted....the doctor promised me she would 'sort me out' before we TTC. :haha:

The relax part is hard for me. I feel like there are so many things that I need to do before trying.

This is such good advice, it's strange coz I only realised all of this after I had my ectopic. It's a shame I didn't do my research before...

Oh well, here's to the new year and hopefully a sticky little bean :)

xxx

I'm having some investigations done over the next few weeks as the doctors think there is more going on than just allergies or sensitivity as it has come on quite suddenly where I never used to have any issues. They are going to test me for a hormone imbalance and then do a thorough check :blush:. I'm hoping it's something easily sorted....the doctor promised me she would 'sort me out' before we TTC. :haha:

Oh gosh. Please I hope they're not going to do a vulvar biopsy on you! That is so painful and they did it to me to find out why I was so irritated. Turned out I had yeast, not just regular, take monistat for your yeast, but yeast living under the surface of my skin. :dohh: I hope that's not the case for you. Hope they can find out what is bothering you.

Oooo I've heard of that, I may give it a go, do you know where you can purchase it from? Does it have any nasty side effects that you know of or is it herbal?

Thanks x

It's herbal. You can wikkipedia it ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitex_agnus-castus) , it comes from chasteberry tree. You can even drink it in a tea if you prefer that over swallowing a pill.

I got mine online. Not sure where you are located, but this site is in US dollars.
https://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Vitex-Fruit-400-mg-100-Capsules/2053?at=0

Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus) or Chaste tree is a traditional woman's dietary supplement. It is widely used to promote overall health and balance in a woman's cycle.

Our Vitex fruit is carefully grown, tested and produced to certified quality standards.

Thanks so much, prayerfulhope, this advise is so helpful and welcomed. My husband and I will be trying about 7 months from now, but it is so good to know that there are things we can do in the meantime to help our chances. I cant imagine going to TCC for years as some people on here have experienced. I know the basics about being at a healthy weight, etc but its the supplements and the getting off BCP and taking prenatals this early I didnt know about that can help aid in TCC down the road.

God Bless you in your efforts sweetheart, you will be in my prayers and I hope to be reading your BFP announcement very soon! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->