Advice from a TTCer - Start Charting Now!

C

cazd

Its my first month TTC and I'm symptom-spotting like crazy - looking for the slightest clue that I might be PG. I wish I'd started charting this stuff ages ago when I was WTT.

Catching OV wasn't too hard and neither was :sex:!
But honestly.... the 2 Week Wait is an absolute killer.

If you're counting down the days 'till you can TTC then I'd strongly recommend you start charting... BBT, CM, CP and any other symptoms - like how soon before AF do you get cramps, tiredness, backache, leg aches, nausea etc...

If I'd started charting when I joined BnB 6 months ago I'm sure I'd be more in-tune with my body. Its so frustrating to be 8DPO and not sure if my CM is like it always is... or is it PG CM ?!!!!

(Yes... Defo PG :thumpup:)

Good advice cazd.

I've been charting my cycles for almost a year now but only cycle length (we we're due to start ttc in Aug 08 but had to defer to feb 09 and now had to defer to June 09!! There's definitely no more deferring :happydance: ) I admit though I haven't charted CM or BBT.

Is there a chart you'd recommend? I was using the fertility friend one.

Hiya. Sorry to hear about the set-back - WTT is hell - and having it moved back by so many months must've been awful!

Fertility Friend is great - and opens up a whole world of charting opportunities.
Looking for CP is a good one for ov.
CM - apparently - is a great indicator for PG. Normally after ov you dry up but PG ladies tend to produce quite a bit more CM.
So now I'm all annoyed that I don't know what my 'normal' post-ov state is!

And I've had backache too - but 'cos I haven't been charting symptoms again I don't know if that's a normal pre-AF symptom or not....

You know, I am so ignorant about all of this stuff as I just intend to come off the pill and see what happens (that's our attitude to a lot of things in life - see how it goes!)

I still want to do that but am interested in this side of things now but just do not really get any of it as have never bothered to find out!

Hope you get your BFP soon :)

xxx

It has been a big set back although I just keep telling myself to make the absolute most of couple time before the time comes!

Good luck and baby dust for testing day! It must be tough resisting the urge to test early.

Hi - thanks for that. I suppose there are two camps - those who just get on with it and let nature take its course...
and then the rest of us broody hens who'll do anything to get that BFP as soon as physically possible!

And yes... of course I'll be testing early - some ladies are going to hang on 'till Valentines day but I don't know how they'll manage it!
I'll be using First Response that can show :BFP: 5 days before AF is due.... (just 12 hours to go!)

Hey hun,
Thanks so much for the advice. I really am rubbish with this sort of thing, but cant start charting right now because of the implant.
Good luck with ttc, hope the 2ww goes in a flash!
:hugs:

Hi and thanks for that. Hows' the 09 diet going?
2 stones is pretty impressive - BRAVO !!!!!

I have just started charting this cycle, we're not TTC till November 09. I just thought it would be a good idea to really understand the whole menstrual cycle and what all the signs mean. I'm using the charts in the Toni Weschler book (a real eye opener for those who haven't read it yet!) So recording temp, cervical mucus, cervical position etc. I have already started to understand particular problems I might have and think about how to treat them, much better to know now than when we are TTC!

Good luck cazd, let us know how the test goes!

I've been charting, but only for an overall thing as it's good to keep track, you never know when your doctor might ask you when your last flow was, and of course, no more being caught unprepared!!

Honestly I was starting to stress out just reading about everyone else checking their temps and cm and symptom spotting and everything! I am not meaning to knock it but it's not what I'm doing. We're just going to babydance every other day except when I'm bleeding and it'll be pretty hard to miss the egg! (we hope!)

I haven't quite moved over to the TTC part of the forum, even though we are TTC now, because I feel so out of place there for not checking my temp in the am, checking my cm, or using opk's, I just don't really know what to say to anyone there... :shy: Feel out of place...

I am not meaning to knock it but it's not what I'm doing. We're just going to babydance every other day except when I'm bleeding and it'll be pretty hard to miss the egg! (we hope!)

I totally understand hunny as we will be the same. I don't want to get into all the technicalities of it straight away, I just want to see what happens to start with and then if that doesn't work, then consider get a bit more technical about it.

It doesn't mean we aren't desperate for a family or any less broody than anyone else, just that we have a different approach to things :hugs:

xxx

I haven't quite moved over to the TTC part of the forum, even though we are TTC now, because I feel so out of place there for not checking my temp in the am, checking my cm, or using opk's, I just don't really know what to say to anyone there... :shy: Feel out of place...

Bah, I didn't even KNOW people did that until i signed up for this forum at the start of the week!! :blush:

awesome advice! that's exactly what brought me to BnB a whole 10 months before we are even TTC. I know I'm going to be such a nutcase when we really start trying so I figure the more information I have about my own body when the times comes, the better.

Pops: Thanks, it's a bit of a relief whenever I come across someone who's approaching it the same, as I seem to be very, very much in the minority around here!!

Backtoback: I had no idea it was so common either until I joined BnB and looked at the TTC section. I don't have any advice for any of the ladies there from my own temping or cm checking experiences, I'm not doing it so can't share the 'going through it' thing with anyone, and I can't join in any conversations hardly aside from a 'good luck' or 'congratulations' because I am unable to contribute anything.

At this rate I'll be hanging around WTT until I'm actually pregnant, at a complete loss when it comes to the conversations in TTC. I'm rather sad about it, truth be told. Not that you ladies aren't lovely <3

Hi girls !

I felt the same way - WTT was so cosy and safe for what... 6 months - before my OH finally agreed to us TTC.

I've found that the cycle buddies thread is fab - you just find a group who share your dates and chat through the month.
Everyone's so friendly - I've been there for arguments with boyfriends, husbands coming home drunk and not able to BD, 3-year olds who just won't potty train right through to selfish work-mates and even a car crash!
We're all trying to make babies and just sharing our stories along the way!

There are a few laides who moved over when I did so no doubt there'll be some familiar faces when you guys move over.

Best of luck with everything xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lol ill be waiting years to move over, ill still be here when every one is on their second baby. yer the whole checking ur cm and cp sounds a bit odd to me, wouldent even know what im looking for?

So is being on B&B!!! lol i keep meening to go tidy up but then i get distracted

Pops: Thanks, it's a bit of a relief whenever I come across someone who's approaching it the same, as I seem to be very, very much in the minority around here!!

Backtoback: I had no idea it was so common either until I joined BnB and looked at the TTC section. I don't have any advice for any of the ladies there from my own temping or cm checking experiences, I'm not doing it so can't share the 'going through it' thing with anyone, and I can't join in any conversations hardly aside from a 'good luck' or 'congratulations' because I am unable to contribute anything.

At this rate I'll be hanging around WTT until I'm actually pregnant, at a complete loss when it comes to the conversations in TTC. I'm rather sad about it, truth be told. Not that you ladies aren't lovely <3
Aww bless you Lilaala.You should make a thread in TTC entitled 'whos NOT charting' or something.Not that we dont love you in here but it might be nice to have someone to share your TTC experience with xx

I second that. I mean, when my ex and I were planning on trying soon I started charting but before that, I didn't understand a damned thing anyone said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->