Advice Needed!! Measuring Ahead....

BabyHaines

Mummy to baby George!!
Reaction score
Hello my lovelies,
I just wondered if you could help.....
I had my 28 wk appointment with MW thismorning and instead of measuring 28+4, I am measuring 31 wks.
Now.....I was supposed to have a Gestational Diabetes test today too...but the surgery cocked up and didn't order the glucose drink in, so iam now re-booked to have it Xmas eve, when I will be 29+6. (does anyone know if that will affect it??)

is this normal?? I have a growth scan at 33ish weeks xx

Thats normal- I was told I am meausring 3 weeks ahead... I had my GT done at 28+5 weeks- going from my orgianl normal dates, I havent got GD, just a big healthy baby! :)
I have a growth scan at 34 weeks.
My friend is measuring 5 weeks ahead!
MW said you will cook the right size baby thats the build for you and your OH xx

I have been to an appointment today and baby is measuring big by scan but i am small for dates measuring by my stomach, they are doing the diabetes test tomorrow so I dnt think it matters how far on yu are for that. Hopefully your growth scan at 33 weeks will give a better insight into whats happening :) x

i was measuring 2 weeks ahead last week, yesterday im measuring spot on! :shrug: x

Yes, it was by bump measurement.

Oooh, I'm glad to hear that. Both me and hubby are 'well built' so that would make sense xx

at 28 weeks i was measuring 33... lol
could be fluid, or just the way baby is laying!!
or had a growth spurt :)

Thank you ladies :)
why is it that you all manage to tell me more than the MW ever does??
I really don't know where I'd be without this forum!!xx

I usually measure 4-5 weeks ahead and none of my midwives seem to mind. I do have a growth scan booked but that's not because of the measurements, just routine with GD women. I also had an extra scan around 28 weeks and baby measured spot on even if the fundal hight was 4-5 cm more than it should have been.

I measured 2 weeks ahead at 34 weeks and had a growth scan last week. It was fine. Baby is on the high side of average and I've got some extra fluid but they're not worried.

I've got another scan next Monday to see if the fluid levels have stayed the same but it's purely precautionary.

I was also tested for GD and it was negative. I think I'm just having a big baby!

thanks ladies :) you are all so bloody good ;) hehe
xxxx

At my 28/40 appointment (I was exactly 29/40 though), I measured 31cm. However, my midwife said it's fine as long as it's +/- 2cm. Still, she said when I see her at my 32/40 appointment, if it's a concern she'll sort out a growth scan then. My PCT doesn't do routine glucose tolerance testing, and I've always had clear urine samples, so I don't imagine I'll have a GTT.

Me too hun, last week at 35 weeks student midwife measured me at 40 !!! The senior midwife who was sitting in observing didn't bat an eyelid. I did question her about it, and I have an appointment with my consult next week so am going to mention it to him, but I know it's quite normal. It just seems some people get extra scans for it and some don't. x

I haven' t got GD and I'm measuring ahead. My bump is 36cm when apparently it should be 32. I looked at this on the fundal chart and apparently this means Egglet could weigh as much as 6lb 6oz already! :shock::shock: Don't worry yourself too much hun, I'm sure you'll be fine. xx

I haven' t got GD and I'm measuring ahead. My bump is 36cm when apparently it should be 32. I looked at this on the fundal chart and apparently this means Egglet could weigh as much as 6lb 6oz already! :shock::shock: Don't worry yourself too much hun, I'm sure you'll be fine. xx

Do you have a link for that fundal chart? I've found charts saying what the fundal height should be at what gestation, but I've not seen one yet that correlates it to expected weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->