advice needed new to opks

hannpin

Mummy
Reaction score
Hello

We have been TTC for the past 3 cycles, but this is my first using opks. with both my daughter and son we concieved within the first few cycles, so this time, although I realise 3 cycles is not long at all, i am trying everything I can (except temping) to get that BFP.

So I have a 32 day cycle and get what I though were O pains between day 14 - 17. I have been using opks since CD9 and have not had a second line yet. :(

Today I have what I though were O pains, but still have no second line, I realise O pains are usally before ovulation, so is there a chance I will get a second line, or even a positive test in the next few days??

Anyone else never get a second line up to O???

Some advice would be really greatfully recieved. THanks in advance xxxxx

I start having O pains just as AF stops. So this cycle I had O pains from about CD5-20. I finally O'ed on CD20. So, I'd keep testing. Plus with a cycle length of 32 days you probably won't O until around CD18-21.

I would say try and be patient (as hard as that is!) Since we started with opk's I found i don't get a line until the day before or morning of!:wacko: We are on cycle #7 ttc #1 so i hear your frustration, lol. everyone is different but my doc said not stressing is the most important (i gave myself a 13day cycle from stressing over ttc :dohh:) just keep testing and maybe 2x a day closer to o day. It may take a cycle or two to get the pattern down though

Anyway good luck, baby dust, and alittle peacful patience your way!

Thanks Both

Purplelilly it is nice to find someone who also does not get 2 lines v often... most people I have spoke to about opks have a nice progression of faint to dark 2nd line.
But U have given me hope, I was starting to think because a 2nd line had not appeared yet that I was not going to O (well that still may be the case, but U have given me the hope to carry on my poas addiction!!

hannpin
Alas I understand for those of us with quick surges catching them can be tricky and you feel like your crazy listening to everyone elses storys & pics.
Sooooo, for fun below is my craaazzzzy opk quick surge fun :wacko:

Keep the faith honey, if we were all the same life would be soooo boring :thumbup:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 11
So those last 3 were all in the same day??

Perhaps I need to start POAS more often. Up until today I have been using them at around 8pm every evening.

Today I done one this morning and will do one at 8pm. Think I will continue with 2 a day tomorrow and see what happens.

I am expecting to O on Wed, so may try 3 on wed!!! hahaha

my POAS addiction is getting worse!!!

Sorry to enable the poas addiction,lol!
yes those last 3 are from the same day. they say not to use fmu for opks but i tend to anyway :blush: and kept missing my "definite pos" and now i know why (as you can see it's a short surge!) But doc says it's still a pos and keep bding! I highly recommend testing 2-3x a day on expected o-day once you get your cycle down and are consistent.

I just try not to stress and remember this is supposed to be fun, that's why i waited! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->