Advice needed please, 1st time opk-er and getting confused!

Natnee

Mummy to Belle
Reaction score
So i've been using ic opk since end of last week, and just getting quite faint lines, until BAM, this morning with fmu had a VERY dark line, darker than the control line. Did another couple of these throughout the day and dark but not as dark as this mornings one. So OH bought me the clear blue digital today. Tried it this evening and I got just a low fertility circle. :shrug: I was expecting at least a flashy, if not a smiley after this mornings ic.

So is it because it wasn't fmu, or have I just caught the tail end of the peak this morning and missed it. We dtd on saturday night but nothing else. :dohh:

I'm confused!

If it was definitely darker than the control line then it must have been positive. Short surge maybe? Dark night before? Keep testing with cheapies anyway coz I could be wrong in my opinion. Im having trouble with opks they tend to mess with your head.

I've just started using the clearblue digital ones as well and like you I got a low fertility circle even though I was nearing O time according to FF. Anyway, I tested this morning and it was a big fat peak smiley face. From what I've read online, the digi tests need a baseline from which to judge. So when you start using them, it's going to be low fertility until there is a surge/rise in hormones and it begins to know what your hormone levels are. I only started using them two days ago at CD12, so I reckon I had high fertility at that point but it wasn't able to compare against the point in the cycle where I wasn't fertile if that makes sense!

As a general rule, don't use fmu as it gives false readings. Lh is present in our bodies all of the time, so overnight holding your pee it will build up enough to give you a false reading as there will be a lot of lh, but this is not necessarily your surge. Do opks afternoon or evening time and you'll see a more accurate surge in your lh! :) hope that helps.

Definitely dtd tonight as the LH surge is typically 24-36 hour before actual ovulation.... :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I should've started the digi ones earlier. I probably wasn't going to get them, as so expensive, but last night hubby offered to get some so I could hardly say no lol!

I know I shouldn't use fmu but couldn't resist! But the clear blue ones say to use fmu!

I should've also mentioned in my other post that I have been getting ewcm today, and i'm on cd14, of a usually 28/29 day cycle, so 'typically' this is about right time to be ov.

So yes will be :sex: tonight!!

Well did another digi this morning and got a flashing smiley! Not tried another ic, might do one of them later.

So got another flashing smiley this morning? Am I still leading up to o day, or have I missed it and this is just the trail end of it? I am cd16 today and would've thought I would have o by now, especially going by cm the other day.

So this is my theory

So the first day I did the digi was the day I 'think' I might have o'd, (going by the ic opk and cm) so i'm assuming that because it was the first day of using it, it didn't have a 'base' to go on, so it read 'low' Then yesterday morning and this morning it's picked up the trail end and therefore showing a flashy, and therefore I won't ever see a solid smiley this
cycle?? What do you think?

Still just getting flashys, no solid smiley. What is going on. CD17 today.

It confuses me sooo much! I have only just started using opks too. I thought when it showed positive you were ovulating, not 2 days later! :-( so confused. I'm just going to dtd every 2nd day around when I think ovulation is and hope for the best! lol.

Yes this is the first month I've used them. Thought it would make things a little easier but maybe not. Oh well, I got another flashing one this morning, what a surprise! I'm just going to enter the 2ww now and see what comes of that and think I am going by the ic result the other day that that was when I got a +ive. Have got 2 more clear blue sticks left so might as well use them up and then it will be time to pee on another type of test soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->