advice needed plz fhs levels

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by ukbirdie, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ukbirdie

ukbirdie New Member

hi,i was wandering if anyone could advise me plz,i am 38 years old and recently remarried,we have decided that we want to try for a baby,i was going to have a sterilisation reversal done in the next few months as i had the felishie clips put on approx 9 yrs ago after 4 healthy pregnancies.for the last 6 months my periods have gone from every 28 days to every 21-24 days still lasting the same 5 days.i went to my gp and had fhs test done and it came back as my fhs 11.6 but when i read post i noticed that the test should be done on day 3 of the start of your period and it was done on day 12,do u think this would make a difference?and do you think i should go ahead with the reversal ?my hubby is 37 years old and as a 11 yr old daughter from his first marriage.do you think there may be a chance to naturally conceive,advise plz ladies thank you

2. hayley2

hayley2 Mummy to 2 + 1 on the way

Hi!

I had my FSH levels checked on CD3 and there were 6.4 which my doc said was a bit high but should be ok to concieve with. I'm not sure if having the test done on CD12 makes a difference. Can you ask for another one on CD3? However i do know that having an FSH level over 10 can make it very hard to concieve naturally - but there is a chance. If i were you i would def get another test then go from there hun.

Good luck, i hope you get a BFP soon xxxx

3. armywifettc

armywifettc Army Wife w/ 3 DD

I would have another done I had 2 when I was getting ready for my reversal.

4. ukbirdie

ukbirdie New Member

hi,hope u dont mind me asking,was the reversal painful and did you have fhs problems?sorry for all the questions x