Advice needed - should I wait?

Rikki

Reaction score
I lost a baby 5 weeks ago. I was 19 weeks pregnant and the membranes ruptured causing the amniotic fluid to leak out and subsequently I got an infection in my womb and had no choice but to deliver the baby.

At the hospital they suggested waiting before trying again because this was my 3rd miscarriage. But TBH, we don't want to wait. My partner and I aren't young and feel that time is limited. Also chances are it wouldn't happen straight away anyway.

I don't think there are any medical problems. We both have children with our previous partners. My 1st MC was an unplanned pregnancy which I lost at 6 weeks, but I put this down to the fact that I was taking medication around the time my period was due and I didn't know I was pregnant (I was on diazepam & strong cocodamol - both can cause MC). The 2nd pregnancy was planned but the gestational sac was empty at the 12 week scan.

So, advice really, do I really have to wait? Would it be terrible if I got pregnant now? We haven't tried yet. If I genuinely thought there was a problem I wouldn't hesitate to wait, but I really think this was all just bad luck.

Hi rikki, i am so sorry....
I think you might want to listen to your doctor and wait a bit, let your body and uterus heal a bit first.
but i think its really up to you and your partner. if you are both ready to take the risk, then try if you think its OK, whatever the consequences are..

good luck and all the best :hug:

I would quiz your doctor on why you should wait and how long they recommend. I had a stillbirth at 34 weeks end of november last year - when went for test results the consultant suggested waiting till spring just to give some breathing space and to allow my body to heal. Also needed the time to get clear in my own head what the game plan would be if got pregnant again. I think as long as the infection has cleared and there's no medical reason to wait longer than the month or two then it comes down to the both of you being emotionally ready and that is a lot harder to define than being infection free!
Good luck, I understand the feeling that there is a clock ticking in the background!! However waiting a few weeks may pay off in the long run.
Take care,
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"