Advice needed with bottle preparation.

LauraLou01

Reaction score
My little boy is 6 days old, the midwife has said not to prepare bottles in advance, but to make them up as and when you need one.

I have had lots of different advice on what to do and what not to do, for convenience I was wanting to make 2/3 at a time. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated

My little boy is 6 days old, the midwife has said not to prepare bottles in advance, but to make them up as and when you need one.

I have had lots of different advice on what to do and what not to do, for convenience I was wanting to make 2/3 at a time. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated

well i always said id never ever premake and i used cartons for the first 2 months of alfies life for every feed this got to expensive so in the end i started to premake.

theres nothing wrong with premaking as long as you do it safely and correctly.
theres a lady on here with the username bathbabe and she gave me a really good guide of how to premake bottles.

1. make the bottle up as you usually would according to manufacturers instructions on box.
(boil kettle, let it cool for no longer than 30minutes, pour in sterile bottles, add scoops of formula, shake,)
2. rapid cool (put bottles in bowl of cold water for 10-15 minutes)
3. put in back of the fridge (never in the door)

make sure you throw any unused premade bottles after 24 hours.

<3

I do excatly WSS. No problems so far! I do use cartons if we go out though, just because it is easier!

Cartons work out so expensive in the long run. We made up 24 hrs of sterile bottles with boiled water and just added the powder before we gave her the feed. x

I'd recommend boiling the kettle then add water to bottles then add the formula as when it's put in hot water it kills any bacteria, then I shake well and rapid cool ten put in the back of the fridge, but when I'm out I take a sterile bottle and carton it's so much easier lol xx

I premake and this is how - (i find it works well for timings)
Boil kettle
Wash bottles
Sterilise
Wait for the bottles to cool for a few mins
Pour water into bottles
Add powder
Really good shake
Stand them all in cold water in the sink for 10mins
Pop them all in the back of the fridge (never the door)

Then when needed either boil the kettle and warm the bottle in a jug of water or if you dont have time put in the microwave - this isnt recommended due to hot spots but as long as its given a really good shake it should be ok. Also dont put the teat in the micowave just the bottom bit of the bottle. X

Double post. But just wanted to add dont use water that has been left to cool for more than 30mins x

We've just switched from breast to formula and we pre-make as the ladies do above. When my eldest was a baby it was the "done thing" to pre-make (using above method, my first was ff from day 3) and she was fine and had no issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->