Advice needed

B

Burchy314

Ok sooo Jayden is now 11 months old. Well we have WIC checks to pay for the formula, well we just opened up the last can of formula we get from them until the 28th.

So do you think I should just move her onto milk now and see how she does?

or

Buy the 2-3 cans of formula I will need until the 28th when we get more free cans and wait until Jayden is one to try milk?

(p.s her cans of formula are like $20 a can :wacko: )

ALSO. When do I start taking her off the bottle? I mean Jayden still can't hold a bottle OR sippy cup on her own and she doesn't do very well with sippy cups. We give her a sippy cup of water a lot, but she still hasn't gotten the hang of it.

Honestly some people may disagree with me LOL but I would switch her over to milk. I mean, really, what's 3 weeks difference anyways? And if you don't switch her directly over you could do half whole milk, half formula. Although sometimes it's not recommended because it can upset their stomachs. I switched Kenny over to whole milk during the day because I was coming off of BFing and it was the best way to wean imo at that time. He was 11.5 months! Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Kenny is still on the bottle 2 x a day and he's a lot older. I was hoping to switch him off earlier but we fail everytime. Thankfully he takes a sippy cup throughout the day and during meals, just keep practicing different sippy cups, you'll have to experiment with different ones because she may just not like them!

you can do half and half or you can just move her to cows milk but i would try half and half to get her use to the taste

Hahaha amy we posted at the same time lol

I dont know about the WIC becuase im in the UK, but you could try her on cows milk, i doubt a matter of a few weeks would matter, and as for the bottle i really dont think it matters aslong as she doesnt fall asleep with it in her mouth etc because apparntley it rots teeth :wacko: Over here they say by the time they are 1 i think:wacko: Riley is 15 months and still has formula in a bottle:flow:

You do what you feel is best :flow:

As for the sippy cups, I had the same problem! I literally tried every single type of sippy cup you could think of & only one has worked for Brenna! It is made by the brand "Nuby" and they are sippy cups with really flexible/chewy/teething straws. It works for us because she never knew to tip her cup back far enough, so we tried the ones with straws. They are amazing! They also have the soft stuff around where the mouth is, so it's all cushiony. You should give them a shot :thumbup: I'm sure they are sold at Wal-Mart :flow:

Here's a pic:

https://www.diapers.com/p/nuby-straw-cup-10-oz-2-pack-69811

I would use the last can of formula then switch right to milk :)I switched quin around his 1st birthday I think it was a week or so before

When Tori hit 11 months, I was given the all clear to start gradually moving her onto whole milk. Start with half and half, then every week gradually move up an ounce until she's completely on whole milk. Tori is now completely on whole milk as of yesterday.

As for the sippy cup, that's a bit more difficult that Jayden's not holding bottles or sippys. I would say just keep trying and only offer her sippys during the day and whatnot.

Like alot of others have said,i would go with half cows milk and half formula. I chose to do this with Aliyah and she didn't have any upset stomachs. It was just a few days before her 1st birthday when i switched her directly onto just cows milk.
She still has 2 milk feeds.Morning and night out of her bottle.

I switched Lyrik to cows milk at 11 months,
For the bottle that all depends.
Lyrik still has sippy cups during the day and a bottle for her nap and bed time.

But your the mumma do what you feel is best!

Hollie still feeds like a 3moth old she has 5oz every 4 hours in the day! I'd go half and half we are with Hollie as she is drinking so much formula she gets cubby.

Why dot you try Jayden with a straw or a normal cup?

Ava ran out on her birthday, so we switched her then. We tried giving it to her in her sippys as that's what she has water in but she wouldn't We use the TT bottles and she only started holding them and feeding herself after she turned 1. She still has a bottle now, I don't see an issue with it.

I switched Jaymee at 9 months , Doctors orders. As she had a Formula allergie and she had constant diaper rash that bled so my doctor said switch at 9 months because their stomachs can handle it. Katherine will be 9 months on the 27th and she will also be going on milk as well doctor orders for the same reason. I'm sure a few weeks will not hurt her.

as for the Bottle we just stopped giving Jaymee a bottle. and as for Kat she can already use a sippy she constantly steals Jaymees Juice

I'd ask your doctor about switching her, if she eats 3 good solid meals a day, its probably ok, otherwise I would just buy a few more cans of formula (which one is she on btw? store brands are exactly the same as name brand and much cheaper, we liked the walmart brand when we ran out).

As for the bottle, I say don't even rush, our pedi and the WIC nurses keep pushing me to have her off the bottle by 14-15 months, I don't plan to have her off until 18 months, she's still a baby, so definitely not rushing that, though she does only have 2-3 bottles a day now, everything else is from a sippy cup. As for sippy cups, OH got her one by NUK I think and its called an "Active Cup" or something like that, it should be a good "transitional" cup if she doesn't use sippys at all.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3987655&CAWELAID=479925611

I'd ask your doctor about switching her, if she eats 3 good solid meals a day, its probably ok, otherwise I would just buy a few more cans of formula (which one is she on btw? store brands are exactly the same as name brand and much cheaper, we liked the walmart brand when we ran out).

As for the bottle, I say don't even rush, our pedi and the WIC nurses keep pushing me to have her off the bottle by 14-15 months, I don't plan to have her off until 18 months, she's still a baby, so definitely not rushing that, though she does only have 2-3 bottles a day now, everything else is from a sippy cup. As for sippy cups, OH got her one by NUK I think and its called an "Active Cup" or something like that, it should be a good "transitional" cup if she doesn't use sippys at all.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3987655&CAWELAID=479925611

She is on the neo-sure formula. It is for premature babies and because she was so tiny and not gaining weight they wanted her on that. It is like higher calorie and stuff, they didnt want her on store brand.

And thanks to you and Kelsey, I will try those sippy cups!!!

I am planning on trying her on whole milk tomorrow.

I would definitely double check with your doctor then, especially since she is on the smaller side. Give them a call in the morning to be safe :flower:

I'd just switch to cows milk! And if she can't hold her bottle yet i'd leave her on the bottle. Noah started holding his bottle about 12/13 months and he moved to milk in a cup about 17 months. I don't see the rush, I think 1 is too young x

F she's on high cal/prem formula, I wouldn't switch without talking to your doc/nutririonist. Obviously cows milk isn't going to give her everything she gets from her formula so I'd just check first!

With this last can I would start doing half and half, then when you are done have her weaned off onto regular milk. We switched right from formula to milk at around 11 months, maybe a little after, and she had some issues, so we cut it to 3 milk bottles a day and switched to organic milk. I'm thinking the antibiotics in milk and stuff were screwing with her stomach because she has done amazingly on the organic milk.

GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->