• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

advice on 1st prenatal appt..not feeling great about it

lala222

proud mom of miracle babe
Reaction score
hey ladies,

I had my first pre natal appt at 7+3 today with an OBGYN Ive never had before...and I left feeling very disappointed. i was in and out in 10 mins...he didnt ask which medication I was on, if I was taking prenatals, didnt do a checkup or check blood pressure, weight or urine at all. didnt ask if I was nauseous.didnt ask anything. he just gave me requisition forms for blood work and a dating scan and he would see me in 4 weeks. What do YOU think of this? Last pregnancy they would take urine as soon as I arrived and check weight, ask lots of questions, etc. how do yours go? need advice. should I find a new doc?? thanks in advance!

I had my first one today and it was basically the same although I have to say my ob is really nice did prescribe progesterone suppositories and baby asprin due to my previous mc All the other pg ladies had there urine bp and weight checked but not me I guess the doc just wants to see how far along I am before doing all that.

I had my first one today and it was basically the same although I have to say my ob is really nice did prescribe progesterone suppositories and baby asprin due to my previous mc All the other pg ladies had there urine bp and weight checked but not me I guess the doc just wants to see how far along I am before doing all that.

thanks for replying!

SO he didn't check anything eh well its good to know im not alone..he also is sending me for a dating scan so maybe he also wants to know how far along I am before checking me over? still doesnt make a ton of sense though. the only sense I can make from it is he wants to see how far along I am before making me a definite patient....like making sure the pregnancy is viable?

Hi hun, sorry you left feeling disappointed! Were you comfortable with him? I mean personality-wise. That part is really important if he is going to be taking care of you & baby all pregnancy... and poking around your hooha

You really have to be your own advocate. If there is something you want the doc to know just tell them. Especially being your second (based on your sig), and if your first pregnancy was a healthy one, there is a lot the doc will probably assume, i.e. that you are taking a prenatal supplement.

My doc did pretty much the same thing, sent me for a dating scan and blood test (kinda redundant after we saw the bub and hb, but...). Scheduled an appointment for 4 weeks out. Next appointment I expect that I will be weighed and be prodded, etc.

Maybe give it another appointment and if you still don't feel like it is the right fit find a new doc. Personally I wouldn't want to wait too long because I feel like continuity of care is important.

Congratulations! H&H9

Hi hun, sorry you left feeling disappointed! Were you comfortable with him? I mean personality-wise. That part is really important if he is going to be taking care of you & baby all pregnancy... and poking around your hooha

You really have to be your own advocate. If there is something you want the doc to know just tell them. Especially being your second (based on your sig), and if your first pregnancy was a healthy one, there is a lot the doc will probably assume, i.e. that you are taking a prenatal supplement.

My doc did pretty much the same thing, sent me for a dating scan and blood test (kinda redundant after we saw the bub and hb, but...). Scheduled an appointment for 4 weeks out. Next appointment I expect that I will be weighed and be prodded, etc.

Maybe give it another appointment and if you still don't feel like it is the right fit find a new doc. Personally I wouldn't want to wait too long because I feel like continuity of care is important.

Congratulations! H&H9

thank you for your detailed response! I was sort of thinking along the same lines..ill book my scan and bloodwork and have that done (so I know all is ok with baby), go back to my appt in a month and if I'm still not please with him, get another doctor. I think i'll spend the next 4 weeks looking for a back up just in case.

I had my first prenatal appointment Jan 9th. They were VERY thorough. Asked every question you can think of, even work-related questions. But in my case, I'm a high-risk pregnancy so it's important for them to know details. But even still, your new OBGYN doesn't sound great. I mean this is your FIRST prenatal. They should have been way more thorough, and showed concern and asked how you are feeling. I would find a new one for sure, personally.

I had my first prenatal appointment Jan 9th. They were VERY thorough. Asked every question you can think of, even work-related questions. But in my case, I'm a high-risk pregnancy so it's important for them to know details. But even still, your new OBGYN doesn't sound great. I mean this is your FIRST prenatal. They should have been way more thorough, and showed concern and asked how you are feeling. I would find a new one for sure, personally.

thank you. I see your in Ontario as well. Where abouts are you??

I didn't have much checked at my appt either, he did do a quick scan to check bub tho!! And I go back in 4 weeks for a midwife and OB appt, thinking that will be more in depth, had to fill out a fair bit of paper work (past history etc). So ur not alone in not having had much done yet!!!

That's definitely true, I've noticed! I like Peterborough :) I have family there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->