advice on algebra??

Cheyanne

Reaction score
I'm working on a degree in criminal justice and can't seem to pass college algebra. I've failed it twice actually. I breeze through all of my other courses, but have totally given up on that one class. I study hard, got a tutor, etc, but I just can't get it. I've always struggled with math and now I have to sit beside 18 year olds who probably think I'm a total moron. My professor told me this..."Cheyanne, I'm going to tell you something no one's probably ever said to you..Some people never get it and I believe you are on of them...You excel in most all other areas, but can't survive this..you're intelligent, dedicated and work harder than anyone I've seen in a long time..just accept this is one of those things you can't do and you'll be better for it." I left crying. He wasn't cruel, just honest. Don't get me wrong, I fly through basic algebra, but when they start combining it with geometry and mile long formulas..my brain over heats. LOL This class is part of my degree plan and I can't finish without it. Anyone else have or had this problem in college?

Sorry i can't help i was terrible at algebra...

Just wondering what on earth algebra has got to do with criminal justice? just curious as not something i would link together.

i was good at it at school, but not overly confident that I could help you understand it hun...can try if u like?

It has absolutely nothing to do with criminal justice! You have to complete English/composition, algebra, psychology, and other unrelated courses to get a degree. I've done my two psych classes, both English classes, all of my electives, pre algebra, most of criminal justices classes etc. TBH...it's just another way for colleges to make more money.

ewwwww i hate algebra!!!! i only know basic, when it gets complicated, i get lost. tell the guy to pass you anyways just for trying! :)

i know it doesnt work this way, but it should!

I am the same way. This subject has brought me to tears more times than I can count. My dad and i use to stay up untill all weird hours at night studying and I would still fail. I failed College Algabra 2 times. I gave up. It is the most stupid subject. I have never needed to use it ever. (Plus I do accounting ;) )

See, I've worked a/r & a/p and never needed it either. I'm going to see if they offer it online. I'll get Jeff to do my homework. LOL

Never knew I wasn't above cheating until algebra!

Algebra, I can barely spell it never mind solve it! :wacko: Now my OH, Maths is his thing......and he does my head in as he can do it like a second language!

Hmm I'm an engineer Cheyanne and I think I can help you out :D Maybe in future when you have homework, you can PM me or post the questions and I'll help you work them out? I don't mind at all!!

Hmm I'm an engineer Cheyanne and I think I can help you out :D Maybe in future when you have homework, you can PM me or post the questions and I'll help you work them out? I don't mind at all!!

Are you serious??? What a God send! If I get the courage to attempt a third go round..I'll be bugging you like crazy.

Thank You!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"