Advice on baby shower gift

PurpleIvy44

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
My two aunts, MIL, and brother are all pitching in and throwing my baby shower. As a thank you gift I pick up a nice frame with matching candle for the women and a frame that says I love my Uncle and gift card for my brother.
I thought it would be super cute to paint my bump with a thought bubble that says Thank You! inside and have my hubby take a picture and then put it in each of the frames. My hubby thinks it's odd and doesn't think that they'll like it but I think that it's like she's saying thank you from inside. Not sure if my brother wants a pic of my bare bump so I may just take a pic with a heart made from my hands w/a pink shirt on and put it in his only. What do you think?

I LOVE that idea...if i wasn't dreading my baby shower I would do the same thing.

Thanks! Why are you dreading yours? I can't wait for mine, I just found a cute necklace & earrings to go with my dress.

I mean I am looking forward to it! I went out bought a new outfit and am treating myself and getting my nails done that day! But my moms cousin is hosting it and doesn't really seem to care about what I want and doesn't want my opinion on anything that they are doing there.

And the thought that my alcoholic FIL may crash it slightly terrifies me...

Awww that sucks that your opinion doesn't count. Can you ask them what they've planned so far and interject somehow? I've been very lucky in that I've basically picked and planned what I want and they pay for it, sweet deal. A drunk FIL does sound scary, maybe your husband run interference and keep him away? I hope he doesn't ruin your special day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->