Advice on first weeks of weaning please??

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Right thought i would put all my questions in one thread or else i will be taking over this setion! x

When you first started weaning your baby did you just use 1type of puree for the 1st week..eg, carrott, cauliflower etc? Or did you mix to types of purees together?

i know you are supposed to introduce veg first...so where does the fruit come in? Can i offer veg one day and fruit the next or am i supposed to stick to one type of food?

When did you introduce meat into your babys diet?

Can i give fruit purees for breakfast?

In th first week can i alternate what time of day i give my baby food...for example...1st day baby rice for breakfast...2nd day carrott puree mid day for dinner?

Do i increase theamount of spoonfuls day by day?

Do i continue with my bubs normal amount of milk whilst weaning?

Thankyou...sorry to keep going on! xxx

When you first started weaning your baby did you just use 1type of puree for the 1st week..eg, carrott, cauliflower etc? Or did you mix to types of purees together? Just used one to see if there was a reaction for a few days.

i know you are supposed to introduce veg first...so where does the fruit come in? Can i offer veg one day and fruit the next or am i supposed to stick to one type of food? they say to introduce veg first as fruit is sweeter, but i don't know cause Amy has never been fussy over food.

When did you introduce meat into your babys diet? I think it is 6 months

Can i give fruit purees for breakfast? yeah if you want

In th first week can i alternate what time of day i give my baby food...for example...1st day baby rice for breakfast...2nd day carrott puree mid day for dinner? again it is up to you! :)

Do i increase theamount of spoonfuls day by day? yes, go by thier demand. If they can eat more than a couple of spoonfuls then give it. :)

Do i continue with my bubs normal amount of milk whilst weaning? Yes. Do you bottle feed? If so just go by the guide on the tin. And if you Breastfeed just still feed from boob on demand. :)

When you first started weaning your baby did you just use 1type of puree for the 1st week..eg, carrott, cauliflower etc? Or did you mix to types of purees together?
for the first few days of weaning i would offer just baby rice or rusk then i would move onto purees. i would always give one veggie for 3/4 meals running...even if ffion seemed not to like it because often by the 4th meal she would love it.

i know you are supposed to introduce veg first...so where does the fruit come in? Can i offer veg one day and fruit the next or am i supposed to stick to one type of food? with my son i didnt offer fruit until 8 months but with ffion i gave her fruit within a few weeks of starting

When did you introduce meat into your babys diet? my kids hardly ever have meat but i think the advice is from 6 months?

Can i give fruit purees for breakfast? of course you can

In th first week can i alternate what time of day i give my baby food...for example...1st day baby rice for breakfast...2nd day carrott puree mid day for dinner? i would set one time of your day, then your baby has routine. then i would add an extra meal at another time of day when you feel your baby is ready. for example start off just giving breakfast then move onto breakfast and dinner

Do i increase theamount of spoonfuls day by day? i always give as much as my kids want to eat

Do i continue with my bubs normal amount of milk whilst weaning?yes, your baby will leave it if they dont want to drink it

I found this chart useful on hipp organic website - it gives advice on what to give and how much for the first 4 weeks

https://www.hipp.co.uk/weaningchart/

I found this chart useful on hipp organic website - it gives advice on what to give and how much for the first 4 weeks

https://www.hipp.co.uk/weaningchart/

This is what we've been following. It seems to work well for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->