Advice on horse riding and ttc

XMrs WishfulX

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone can help me on this one?

I go horse riding twice a week at the moment and also ttc in our 4th month!

Does anyone know if horse riding can affect the egg sticking etc early on? Ive read that ut cant and wondered if anyone knew?

Ive spoken to girls at the yard and my instructor who all say no but just curious as to whether this isnt helping matters?

If only this ttc business was easy hey!

Thanks xx

I ride almost every day and I'm TTC. I've never heard it would make a difference. Now as for riding once I AM pregnant I'm not planning on doing that, I wouldn't want to risk it. But I don't know how riding a horse would be different than any other work out before you're pregant.

Thats exactly what i thought!

Its just a friend is convinced its affecting things but i have looked into it and didnt think it would!

Oh no as soon as that bfp comes no riding for me!

Thanks for replying xx

Hi Mrs Wishful,

I know someone who asked a midwife this question and she said that no external factors will make a difference to whether its a sticky bean or not. Riding is only risky when pregnant because of the danger of a fall, so I think you are fine.

Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon :)

Leanne x

I think its helpful while TTC because it keeps me healthy and active and also is a huge stress relief!

It can cause the egg to not implant because of the vigorous up and down bouncing or if it does implant it can cause it to come loose is what ive heard and been told. I love riding! If your body is used to riding and your in good riding shape I wouldnt worrie about it. I still ride and im in my 2ww. Actually im going out to ride my horse tomorrow! Im not too worried , but then again my body is used to it...

I agree that it seems like a great stress reliever! I haven't been riding in ages and I grew up around horses! I miss it so much! Goodluck!

you can always not trot if you're worried about it. Every other gait would be fine. I figure if riding is going to affect it it prob. wasn't going to work out anyway. But if I found out I WAS, that's different--the only thing I'll miss about not being pregnant!

Thanks ladies!
it is a huge stress relief and definitely takes my mind off things! Ive been riding for about 2 years so my body is definitely used to it!
everything ive read say its ok but as soon as i get that bfp i will definitely stop!

Good luck everyone x

Idk if I could stop riding once i got pregnant but i would def stop just before the 2nd trimester! I just love to ride!!!! :)

Riding during pregnancy cant make childbirth alot harder... or so I've been told!

xxx

I know women who ride all the way up til they give birth. Of course, they were on a very trustworthy horse and didn't go above a walk.

I don't think I will stop because I love riding but I surely won't be training any new horses or getting on anything I don't already trust. Steady Eddies for me until it gets too uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->